Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

43 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The problem with Zaniolo through no fault of his own was that a lot of fans got into the head that he was the second coming of Totti and people were just expecting him to explode when he got a goal

I warned people at the time he is a completely different player and not near that level and got talked down for being negative

I didn't expect a 2nd coming of Totti. I expected a filler for when Ramsey is out.

And I'm still underwhelmed. 

• Haha 1

Wary over criticising individual players as Mcginn and Bailey have proved me wrong but from what I have seen from Zaniolo this season is I'm not really sure what he is particularly good at. From the very limited minutes Rogers has had since we bought him in January I can see why the club have brought him in and hopefully he should get some more playing time whilst Ramsey is out and develop into a player who will can play in Emery's system. Diaby is struggling right now but at least at the start of the season we saw what he brings to the team and hopefully next season he will adapt better. 

Sure there is probably a decent enough player in there in Zaniolo but for a team with aspirations for challenging for Europe in the Premier League I don't think he is good enough. Does seem to very good at collecting yellow cards though. 

2 hours ago, RichW said:

Wary over criticising individual players as Mcginn and Bailey have proved me wrong but from what I have seen from Zaniolo this season is I'm not really sure what he is particularly good at. From the very limited minutes Rogers has had since we bought him in January I can see why the club have brought him in and hopefully he should get some more playing time whilst Ramsey is out and develop into a player who will can play in Emery's system. Diaby is struggling right now but at least at the start of the season we saw what he brings to the team and hopefully next season he will adapt better. 

Sure there is probably a decent enough player in there in Zaniolo but for a team with aspirations for challenging for Europe in the Premier League I don't think he is good enough. Does seem to very good at collecting yellow cards though. 

Ok, I don't know what you have seen in Rogers, because so far I have seen nothing from him to support what Villa scouts might have seen and against Ajax in the first leg it was like he wasn't even on the pitch

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Taxahunter said:

Ok, I don't know what you have seen in Rogers, because so far I have seen nothing from him to support what Villa scouts might have seen and against Ajax in the first leg it was like he wasn't even on the pitch

Was more the first half against Luton where I saw glimpses of what he can bring. Second half of that game showed why he isn't ready to start for Villa week in week out yet but his clearly been bought for the long term to develop. Hopefully he will be given more minutes off the bench as I don't see the point bringing on Zaniolo on over him when its clear he won't be here next season. 

Zaniolo was only signed as cover for Buendia, got his fair share of minutes at the start of the season and has still been underwhelming. Only realised yesterday he was suspended for the game tonight. Just looking at the minutes his played in the competition - his played 90 minutes twice but apart that his played 67, 21, 16,11 and 16. Getting three bookings already is pretty poor being honest. 

37 minutes ago, RichW said:

Was more the first half against Luton where I saw glimpses of what he can bring. Second half of that game showed why he isn't ready to start for Villa week in week out yet but his clearly been bought for the long term to develop. Hopefully he will be given more minutes off the bench as I don't see the point bringing on Zaniolo on over him when its clear he won't be here next season. 

Zaniolo was only signed as cover for Buendia, got his fair share of minutes at the start of the season and has still been underwhelming. Only realised yesterday he was suspended for the game tonight. Just looking at the minutes his played in the competition - his played 90 minutes twice but apart that his played 67, 21, 16,11 and 16. Getting three bookings already is pretty poor being honest. 

I mean the booking he got last game was a disgrace of a call. Can't remember what the others were for.

Edited by Tom13

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

The problem with Zaniolo through no fault of his own was that a lot of fans got into the head that he was the second coming of Totti 

No they weren't 🤣

They were expecting a half decent player. Which we havent' had.

• Like 2

Not gonna happen is it? Almost out of  hope on this… just don’t think we’re a good match/fit or can really accommodate him (he hasn’t been given enough game time and in a favoured position, difficult for him to make much of an impression imo)…

Time is running out, best we part ways… can’t really see him making much of an impact or getting much more time/opportunity as the season runs down (he’d almost be a bit justified in being demotivated, but I do see some effort and desire from him. I think the criticism is harsh and exaggerated…) it’s a shame, but he should do well elsewhere. Gala will probably be happy to have him back anyway… but a move back to Italy may be in store…

Would be nice for him to make an impression or leave on a positive note… does seem unlikely though. Clearly not a favoured player/option for Unai either… which is the most significant point.

We really would be mad to pay a fee or make it a permanent deal after how it’s gone… not gonna happen anyway.

Must bring in the right players in the summer but… it will be good to have Buendia back anyway…

Always interested in @allani and @romavillan ‘s thoughts… 

Edited by Jas10

If were not close to activating his buy clause i'd start him tonight simply as a body because some of our players badly need a rest.

if he does anything other than get a yellow card it will be a bonus.

1 minute ago, AshVilla said:

If were not close to activating his buy clause i'd start him tonight simply as a body because some of our players badly need a rest.

if he does anything other than get a yellow card it will be a bonus.

banned tonight.

Just now, Villa_Vids said:

banned tonight.

Oh forgot about the yellow in the previous fixture.

Guess were down to the barebones.

Kellyman could do with a start?

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Not gonna happen is it? Almost out of  hope on this… just don’t think we’re a good match/fit or can really accommodate him (he hasn’t been given enough game time and in a favoured position, difficult for him to make much of an impression imo)…

Time is running out, best we part ways… can’t really see him making much of an impact or getting much more time/opportunity as the season runs down (he’d almost be a bit justified in being demotivated, but I do see some effort and desire from him. I think the criticism is harsh and exaggerated…) it’s a shame, but he should do well elsewhere. Gala will probably be happy to have him back anyway… but a move back to Italy may be in store…

Would be nice for him to make an impression or leave on a positive note… does seem unlikely though. Clearly not a favoured player/option for Unai either… which is the most significant point.

We really would be mad to pay a fee or make it a permanent deal after how it’s gone… not gonna happen anyway.

Must bring in the right players in the summer but… it will be good to have Buendia back anyway…

Always interested in @allani and @romavillan ‘s thoughts… 

He needs to take his opportunity when it presents itself. We don't see him train and we don't know whether Emery thinks he can get the best out of him or not.

It would be a shame (for us) if he goes elsewhere and it clicks for him again. After he looked like he didn't trust his touch coming on against Luton he's looked much better. Nowhere near what he's capable of but at least he had some belief.

• Like 2

Â