Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

19 hours ago, david-avfc said:

I thought he fell out with the fans more than anything, and that’s because they thought he was rubbish for ages, and then he fell out with the whole club. It seemed like he was treated poorly and especially considering the injuries he’d suffered. 

We took a gamble on him based on his successful spell at Turkey, sometimes these things work and sometimes they don’t. But perhaps in hindsight buying a player based on 10 good games in the Turkish league after several seasons of injuries and poor form is probably not a good idea. £5m for Philogene Bidace or £5m+ for Zaniolo for one season, unfortunately it seems like the club has dropped a clanger. 

He seems like a decent enough guy, hopefully he resurrects his career somewhere eventually. You can see he has talent but trying to rebuild his career in the intensity of the PL just isn’t going to happen from what we’ve all seen of him so far. 

We didn’t sign him because of his time in Turkey. We signed him because Monchi signed him for Roma so knew the player and so turned to him when we were in a desperate position with the Buendia injury. 

47 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

An unexpected revival of a once-promising player in a seemingly terminal decline.

See also Ross Barkley.

To be fair I reckon Zaniola would do alright in a bottom 4 team too. Have the odd stand out moments.

I thought his tracking and pressing was good, just what you need to see the game out, should have got an assist for Rogers at the end which was unlucky but in general we didn't get him involved 

I thought it was the wrong move at the time, Rogers would have been better on the counter and me saying his defensive work was good to see the game out I don't think it was that game, we didn't need him for that 

• Like 3

We’ve not really seen the best of him. When he arrived he looked like he only needed time and there was a player in there waiting to explode. Not sure if his head is in it any longer, but that hope has gone for me.

1 hour ago, R.Bear said:

He’s so bad and his attitude is terrible. I would send him back early if we didn’t have such a small squad.

So that’s your assessment after 15 minutes of play? 🤦🏼‍♂️

28 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

No its based on his performances and demeanor all season. 

Why the need to post it after a game where there were a few positives and actually no negatives? 

Edited by Taxahunter

24 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Was a shame the ball from Diaby was behind him but laid it off nice for Rogers who nearly scored 

I actually think he put too much on it so Rodger’s couldn’t get the power behind it. Was passed rather than laid off.

27 minutes ago, Taxahunter said:

Why the need to post it after a game where there were a few positives and action negatives? 

This is the Zaniolo thread. I made a comment about him. I've made positive posts about every other player I've commented on. Is that acceptable to you?

6 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

This is the Zaniolo thread. I made a comment about him. I've made positive posts about every other player I've commented on. Is that acceptable to you?

I don’t care if you have been positive about the other players you have posted about, I was just curious why you felt you had to post a negative comment after an actually OK 15 minutes?

Get behind our players instead…

Physically looks like he should dominate. Has all the technical traits you want in an attacker. For whatever reason it isn't working out. Glad it's just a loan. 

1 hour ago, Rightdm00 said:

Physically looks like he should dominate. Has all the technical traits you want in an attacker. For whatever reason it isn't working out. Glad it's just a loan. 

He has had two ACLs. That’s got to have had some impact on his game.  

quite a professional performance from him I thought. Was able to hold the ball up and won it back a few times which allowed us to get out of pressure. Coming on before Diaby is interesting as well. 

Â