Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, Leeroy said:

What on earth are you talking about, guy hasn’t even been on the pitch. 

Jeez, I despair with our fanbase sometimes.

Huh? He's played 90 mins every game.

Been awful as well.

Should just release him back to Galatasaray tbh. I actually feel sorry for him now. Absolutely no point in these silly end of the game cameos when nobody could find form under those conditions. 

• Like 3

Increasing peripheral member of the squad, with him coming off the bench later and later in each passing game.

Emery has taken a look and clearly doesn't rate him. I will be staggered if we sign him in the summer.  Would Traore have been as good option off the bench? 

All in all seems a strange signing, it was a bit of a gamble that hasn't really worked.

4 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Increasing peripheral member of the squad, with him coming off the bench later and later in each passing game.

Emery has taken a look and clearly doesn't rate him. I will be staggered if we sign him in the summer.  Would Traore have been as good option off the bench? 

All in all seems a strange signing, it was a bit of a gamble that hasn't really worked.

I wouldn't say a strange signing as we lost Buendia so had to loan someone in.  Unai must have seen him a lot and liked his ability and made a calculated gamble on getting him up to speed in the PL but it hasn't come off.  I'm surprised we didn't put Rogers on instead, he must be chomping at the bit and if he had produced a goal or assist at the Holte End he would have been flying.

His performance at Bournemouth was the final nail in the coffin for me. I believe he was playing in a position he favours and he was atrocious that day, before eventually being hooked at half time.

You simply can’t be afforded minutes in this league putting in a performance like he did on that day. Since then, he’s barely kicked a ball. 

I don’t really blame anybody for the signing but he is not joining permanently and he’ll go down as another Italian that has struggled in the league. A really poor player as far as I’m concerned. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

His performance at Bournemouth was the final nail in the coffin for me. I believe he was playing in a position he favours and he was atrocious that day, before eventually being hooked at half time.

You simply can’t be afforded minutes in this league putting in a performance like he did on that day. Since then, he’s barely kicked a ball. 

I don’t really blame anybody for the signing but he is not joining permanently and he’ll go down as another Italian that has struggled in the league. A really poor player as far as I’m concerned. 

Completely agree. Probably exacerbated by the fact that he knows he's not getting a permanent signing now and he can't be arsed.

Rogers will come on at Fulham ahead of him you suspect. Might be struggling to make the bench once Duran gets back aswell.

I do have a feeling he'll score a big goal for us in the Europa so that is probably the competition where he can make a significant impact at least given he scored the winner for Roma in the final in 2022 edition.

15 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Rogers will come on at Fulham ahead of him you suspect. Might be struggling to make the bench once Duran gets back aswell.

I do have a feeling he'll score a big goal for us in the Europa so that is probably the competition where he can make a significant impact at least given he scored the winner for Roma in the final in 2022 edition.

Everyone keeps saying this but Rogers is a Championship player, I don't see him doing any better in all honesty.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Everyone keeps saying this but Rogers is a Championship player, I don't see him doing any better in all honesty.

He at least needs to get minutes to prove either way. Zaniolo had plenty of those between August-December in league and cup.

Just now, VillaChris said:

He at least needs to get minutes to prove either way. Zaniolo had plenty of those between August-December in league and cup.

Yeah I suppose that's fair. He did come on against Sheffield Utd and missed a sitter so hopefully that isn't a sign of things to come. 

I think Zaniolo was treated unfairly. This man was not trusted from the very beginning. The coach never showed that he trusted Zaniolo. He did not get enough time to prove himself. Even in the 10-minute game, not even a pass was made when he was available. He came in as a savior in the last minutes of lost matches. He was never considered a starting 11 player. I don't think there will be any efficiency in this system.

There’s a lot of talk that his move won’t be made permanent and in the summer. 

For me I think he’s been a bit of a disappointment, no doubt he’s a decent player but hasn’t offered nearly enough when he’s gotten the chance. I think I’d prefer Rodgers to get the cameos off the bench and odd start for the remainder of the season. 

• Like 1

He is a player that has taken a lengthy period to familiarise himself with the PL and he's not alone in that. He didn't get the early goals that would have boosted his confidence and had that betting issue to worry about, so settling in has not been easy for him. I still think he will have games to play for us this season (we will need to be able to call on all of our fit players in the coming weeks) and he may yet prove himself. He's a current Italian international after all, so he has it in him to do so.  

• Like 3

On 12/02/2024 at 09:46, The Fun Factory said:

Would Traore have been as good option off the bench? 

Traore can make something happen out of nothing, so I'd say he'd usually be a better option.

On 12/02/2024 at 12:26, ua44tr said:

I think Zaniolo was treated unfairly. This man was not trusted from the very beginning. The coach never showed that he trusted Zaniolo. He did not get enough time to prove himself. Even in the 10-minute game, not even a pass was made when he was available. He came in as a savior in the last minutes of lost matches. He was never considered a starting 11 player. I don't think there will be any efficiency in this system.

If you're that upset Nicolo, maybe take it up with Unai at training.

• Like 1

I have been waiting patiently for him to settle, and it follows that the skill set will be seen eventually.

.....But he doesn't seem to have the fire in his belly, to make the whole thing work.

In this league, there is a group of players, who are all very good, very skillful and very committed....If you play in front of them, with impunity, you will not disturb them.....you have to get amongst them, he is equipped to be a wrecking ball, and floats like a butterfly.

It takes, courage, Fire & Brimstone, to put pressure on them, allied to your skill set to advance yourself......for a big man, he looks passive to me.

Â