Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

2 hours ago, ender4 said:

Interesting. Makes sense. There must be someone identified by Monchi for £25-30m which will be better than Zani?

If we were absolutely confident in him transitioning into a premier league player we would have bough him outright . The loan was as sensible approach still time to prove himself mind.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villa89 said:

That post is basically someone assuming that because it hasn't gone well for him here we won't be keeping him. They might be right but it's based on zero insider knowledge. 

We have to pay them a few million to get out of the buy clause don't we?

1 hour ago, The_Rev said:

Replaced by Morgan Rogers then?  He might have to get used to that. 

Rogers will play as a 10 though you'd think? Where Diaby has been playing, wide right Zaniolo will compete with Bailey. If Zaniolo was going to play as a 10 for Emery he'd have done it a bit more.

19 minutes ago, romavillan said:

We have to pay them a few million to get out of the buy clause don't we?

I doubt it but even if we do it would be better than keeping him unless he shows something between now and the end of the season. 

7 hours ago, juanpabloangel18 said:

Something is just off with this lad, and I won't miss him. The vibe just isn't right. Was incredibly thirsty for a goal at first (to the detriment of the team), his body language is consistently bad, waving his arms around in frustration like a petulant child. Silly fouls in good attacking areas too.

And don't get me started on him running into the crowd to celebrate an equalizer at home when there was time on the clock to go for a winner.

He's very Italian.

I remember watching Italy-Ukraine and the commentator was saying when he lost the ball just before the penalty area "typical Zaniolo, looks threatening but doesn't really amount to much." After a promising first few games for us he really hasn't done much at all to say he should be starting games so I think he'll be back playing in Serie A for someone next season.

11 hours ago, VillaChris said:

We'd never have signed him if Buendia have stayed fit. Ramsry also been injured frequently.

He was a player Monchi knew from Roma and last minute so we have had 12 months to scout someone more long term. Interested who we come up with.

Don't know, apparently we were looking at him before Buendia got injured.

But I agree we don't necessarily need a replacement with Rogers and Buendia around. Traore (as much as I love the guy) won't be a miss as he's had barely any minutes this season.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Like Buendia and Bailey at some point. 

Difference being that we'd signed those two on big money - but they also both showed more than Zaniolo has (albeit with more gametime). 

I actually quite like Zaniolo but I'm not sure he's demonstrated he's worth the fee and suspect Rogers will be his long term replacement. 

10 minutes ago, Condimentalist said:

Difference being that we'd signed those two on big money - but they also both showed more than Zaniolo has (albeit with more gametime). 

I actually quite like Zaniolo but I'm not sure he's demonstrated he's worth the fee and suspect Rogers will be his long term replacement. 

I wasn't really comparing the players just that they were both written off by the same poster doing it to Zaniolo.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I wasn't really comparing the players just that they were both written off by the same poster doing it to Zaniolo.

You’re talking as if Buendia has turned into some sort of world beater 😂

17 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

You’re talking as if Buendia has turned into some sort of world beater 😂

Not at all. Just that he was clearly part of the squad last year and would have been this year if not for injury. 

I think it was about 2 months ago when you claimed Emery doesn't trust Bailey. 

You might be right one day if you keep shitting on players. 

• Like 1

On 02/02/2024 at 20:58, VillaChris said:

We'd never have signed him if Buendia have stayed fit. Ramsry also been injured frequently.

He was a player Monchi knew from Roma and last minute so we have had 12 months to scout someone more long term. Interested who we come up with.

Completely agree, if Emi B hadn't got injured I doubt Zaniola would be here.

Â