Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

8 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Whenever a footballer gets done for gambling it is addiction, they can't just be bored young kids?

In my younger days I couldn't go a Saturday or Sunday or watch any game on TV without putting a bet on. I wasn't addicted I just enjoyed it.

Its all down to interpretation.....too much of anything we like, can be challenging....even watching the Villa.

I think when it impedes on other aspects of your daily life like making ends meet....then its a problem....it can also drag innocent parties in like wives and family, who have to go without.

I think there is a distinct difference from someone who has control over their gambling activities, budgets for it, and treats it for what it should be entertainment....then thats fine IMV

On 20/10/2023 at 07:53, rodders0223 said:

Whenever a footballer gets done for gambling it is addiction, they can't just be bored young kids?

In my younger days I couldn't go a Saturday or Sunday or watch any game on TV without putting a bet on. I wasn't addicted I just enjoyed it.

Fagioli looked to be well in the shit, Tonali's defense lawyers might have seen the leniency to Fagioli and gone the same route. Dunno, there's certainly some voices in the game over here who have been saying having an account with a bookie doesn't make you a gambling addict. There's a line though and if the culture of the young players on these massive, massive, wages is one where gambling is rife. There's going to be a lot of them that go too far.

• Like 1

On 21/10/2023 at 08:30, romavillan said:

Fagioli looked to be well in the shit, Tonali's defense lawyers might have seen the leniency to Fagioli and gone the same route. Dunno, there's certainly some voices in the game over here who have been saying having an account with a bookie doesn't make you a gambling addict. There's a line though and if the culture of the young players on these massive, massive, wages is one where gambling is rife. There's going to be a lot of them that go too far.

I've worked in the sector for a long time (specifically anti match-fixing) and essentially being a rich footballer is a perfect storm for fuelling gambling addiction.

Obviously you not only have a massive increase in access compared to back-in-the-day (can sign up in literally seconds), you also have a massive increase in social acceptance which stems from advertising. As a result, a lot of these younger players' mates from their youth will talk about betting very openly.

However, being a rich footballer heightens the risk even further. You must be ultra-competitive to make it to the highest-level. Which personality is one of the most prone to gambling? Highly competitive people who think they can "beat" the house/others in the case of poker/exchanges.

You then have the fact you have all this spare time and free cash, and potentially a lack of education on how to handle that.

The amount invested into mitigating this risk is nowhere near what it should be. It should really be precedent across the world that if you can gamble on a competition, its participants must take part in an educational program to highlight the risks.

You can't legislate for gambling in all cases of course, but such measures are definitely not standard for all competitions when they really should be.

Edited by gilbertoAVFC
  • Like 4

Not bad but backwards steps in the last two games IMO.

Mind perhaps not in the right place. 

That position in the XI is massively up for grabs and him and Bailey both have the chance to do something before Ramsey is back. Ball back in Leon's court.

6 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Not bad but backwards steps in the last two games IMO.

Mind perhaps not in the right place. 

That position in the XI is massively up for grabs and him and Bailey both have the chance to do something before Ramsey is back. Ball back in Leon's court.

What a position to be in

Zaniolo and Bailey, who are both OK, battling it out to play before Ramsey who is very good comes back in with then also Buendia in the treatment room

• Like 2

Â