Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

8 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Not sure they’ll both play together that often as that’s very attacking 

If opponents are going to score 3 every game, we'll just have to score 4 😎

Edited by wishywashy
  • Haha 1

That shot for our first goal was outrageous. 

He's very hot and cold, he tries things but it means losing possession at times, ala, Buendia but he also creates a lot of space and brings others into play. 

He's definitely not up to the speed of play at the moment but as it builds you can tell we've got a potential monster on our hands. 

He needs to reign in the petulant fouls though. When you've got no chance of winning the ball, just close the distance. The yellows will add up quickly and the potential for a red for two soft fouls is high. 

• Like 3

You can see that he can do amazing things our current squad don't have in their locker.  With more familiarity of his play and the teams play, hopefully we'll see more meaningful interactions.

But, he's got a lot of talent and good awareness.  He looks like an intelligent footballer.

I think he'll be great come January when he's been with us a few months and settled down into living in the UK. 

Looking forward to seeing some belters! 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

You can see that he can do amazing things our current squad don't have in their locker.  With more familiarity of his play and the teams play, hopefully we'll see more meaningful interactions.

But, he's got a lot of talent and good awareness.  He looks like an intelligent footballer.

I think he'll be great come January when he's been with us a few months and settled down into living in the UK. 

Looking forward to seeing some belters! 

Agree entirely. He looks comfortable on the ball, and I love an absolute howitzer of a shot, so he'll do for me. John McGinn doesn't shoot or score nearly enough for such an attack-minded player.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Risso said:

Kisses on both cheeks for Emery after the game, throat-slitting gestures at the opposition goalie, the prayer clasp at the ref when he's hacked somebody down, and the "I don't care" chin flick when he gets booked. 

GOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! 

Bom-bom-bomm-bom-bommm bom-bom-bomm-bom-bommmmm 

Still not convinced by him in the midfield. Just doesn't put in enough work without possession.  Think he needs to be in that second striker role to be most effective. That way we get all the best bits without the increased work rate out of possession. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Wezbid said:

That shot for our first goal was outrageous. 

He's very hot and cold, he tries things but it means losing possession at times, ala, Buendia but he also creates a lot of space and brings others into play. 

He's definitely not up to the speed of play at the moment but as it builds you can tell we've got a potential monster on our hands. 

He needs to reign in the petulant fouls though. When you've got no chance of winning the ball, just close the distance. The yellows will add up quickly and the potential for a red for two soft fouls is high. 

The thing is we really need to not get on his back when the outrageous thing he tries doesn't come off.  Because if he keeps doing it then one of those outrageous things will turn a 10% opportunity into a 90% opportunity.  Hopefully he'll get smarter and use the fact that defenders start expecting the unexpected to make them look like chumps by then doing the expected.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, villaglint said:

Want to see him on the right.

He's played 8 games out of 230 odd in his career on the left before he came here.  

I think central will turn out to be his best position, so I'd like to see him as a 10. Second striker with a license to roam and go deep to pick up the ball.

• Like 1

Expecting him to be one of our most important players, especially in terms of attack, as the season goes on and he settles in… he’s just going to get better and better, so much to offer.

Nico and Diaby will likely be our main threats to the opposition…

With JJ back involved now too…

4 hours ago, allani said:

The thing is we really need to not get on his back when the outrageous thing he tries doesn't come off.  Because if he keeps doing it then one of those outrageous things will turn a 10% opportunity into a 90% opportunity.  Hopefully he'll get smarter and use the fact that defenders start expecting the unexpected to make them look like chumps by then doing the expected.

Absolutely. It wasn't a criticism as such, this sort of thinking helps unlock defences. 

Some things are a bit telegraphed at the moment as he's still getting used to his surroundings and our squad is getting used to how he can be. 

It'll pay off in the long run. 

The niggly fouls/ref interaction is more my worry. They've got a hard-on for throwing yellows at everything this season. 

• Like 1

Â