Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

Another unit up top with pace, presence and power. I think he'll turn out to be a bit of alright for us. 

I think he's just what we need and we are just what he needs. He's going to absolutely love it here imo and become a fan favourite. 

• Like 4

Can I ask why are Gala happy to let him leave on loan? I know they've signed Zaha and Tete but still...are they that desperate to get his wages off their books?

I'm not questioning the player by asking this btw, I think he'll be great.

Edited by Tom13

Just now, Tom13 said:

Can I ask why are Gala happy to let him leave on loan? I know they've signed Saha and Tete but still...are they that desperate to get his wages off their books?

I'm not questioning the player by asking this btw, I think he'll be great.

He wants to leave so I guess it’s easier to have him off the books. 

He's the kind of a player where, despite his talents, if he signed for another PL team I'd think he was just one of those players that wouldn't be a success and struggle to settle to the league.

However he's signing for Villa so he's going to be brilliant. 

Just now, The_Steve said:

He wants to leave so I guess it’s easier to have him off the books. 

Fair enough, I did wonder that but couldn't remember anything about him kicking up a fuss about leaving. Makes sense though.

1 minute ago, Villatillidie95 said:

When are they going to post it on LinkedIn!?

It gets posted to MySpace and Faceparty first. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Fair enough, I did wonder that but couldn't remember anything about him kicking up a fuss about leaving. Makes sense though.

I believe Gala have a hefty sell-on clause with Roma. By arranging a loan fee, that's a few million that doesn't need to be split. The remaining amount of the full purchase becomes a smaller figure, making it more profitable for Gala and better for our FFP balancing.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, StanBalaban said:

I believe Gala have a hefty sell-on clause with Roma. By arranging a loan fee, that's a few million that doesn't need to be split. The remaining amount of the full purchase becomes a smaller figure, making it more profitable for Gala and better for our FFP balancing.

15% according to tinterwebz.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, StanBalaban said:

Makes sense. 

Would there be anything to stop us doing the same again next summer. eg. we dont take up the option to buy but agree another season long loan with similar fee. Roma would be fuming but is there anything to stop it if it works for both clubs eg Villa and Galatasary. 

Just now, villaglint said:

Makes sense. 

Would there be anything to stop us doing the same again next summer. eg. we dont take up the option to buy but agree another season long loan with similar fee. Roma would be fuming but is there anything to stop it if it works for both clubs eg Villa and Galatasary. 

I would imagine the terms would be set from the outset, so there's no renegotiating options for next season (apart from not optioning a permanent deal).

19 minutes ago, Xela said:

It gets posted to MySpace and Faceparty first. 

Pfft enough of that nonsense. I'm holding out for the morse code and semiphore announcements. Video? Nah the Marcel Marceau style mime artist announcement is where it's at.

6 minutes ago, Chindie said:

They will have bought him knowing there's a significant chance they would flip him inside 18 months for a profit. They got a bargain.

That was always going to be the case.  He moved to Turkey out of necessity as it was the only window open at the time.  Gala will have known this, and were always going to sell him once someone came in for him.  Good business from them.

Â