alreadyexists

7 hours ago, Nigel said:

There's a reason stevenge is used in these arguments...because they are so rare. 

There's also a big difference between that tie in that it's 2 legs.

I can throw various other examples pre emery where we have lost to teams at a lower standard. It wouls absolute madness to play weakened team tonight

• Like 2

I reckon there might be a bit of rotation with an eye on Sunday.  We have Liverpool Chelsea and Brighton in 3 out of 4 games after Sunday so it’s really important we pick up 3 points. 

The squad is strong enough to rotate players. It shouldn’t weaken us too much. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

23 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

No chance Emery plays a 2nd team.

It was almost a miracle to finish 7th last season. We don't risk throwing that away at the first hurdle. 

No chance whatsoever! Can't see wholesale changes to Sunday's team 2-3 players at most, should imagine we'll see a few changes should we be 3 up after an hour though resting key players for the weekend.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, zab6359 said:

No chance whatsoever! Can't see wholesale changes to Sunday's team 2-3 players at most, should imagine we'll see a few changes should we be 3 up after an hour though resting key players for the weekend.

Yep. I can see Carlos and Tielemans coming in and that's it. 

Maybe Zaniolo. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, newhavenhibby said:

No need to worry folks. In first legs recently liverpool put 7 passed The Rangers and spurs put 5 passed Hearts.  With our defense and lack of a midfield I will be happy to keep it to 5🫣 🤣

Hibs fans will be there in large numbers tonight but very few with have any real expectations of anything positive coming from the first leg.

I've seen some comments about Joe Newell recently on here but give him some slack as he is having to share his house at present with three ardent Villa fans including his girlfriend and brother. His best man for his wedding later this year , also Villa, has a picture of him in his younger days wearing a Villa top which if he misbehaves or speaks too much about SHA has promised it will surface at the wedding on large screens.🤣

GGTTH

Who would you say are your best players and who are the weaker links in the Hibs team. Will you go full strength tonight?

24 minutes ago, newhavenhibby said:

No need to worry folks. In first legs recently liverpool put 7 passed The Rangers and spurs put 5 passed Hearts.  With our defense and lack of a midfield I will be happy to keep it to 5🫣 🤣

You underestimate our ability to mess up what should be straightforward.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Who would you say are your best players and who are the weaker links in the Hibs team. Will you go full strength tonight?

If we can get the ball to them in the Villa half then Youan and Boyle are the only players with any pace and can hurt teams. Dylan Vente is new to us but looks like a natural predator in front of goal.

However I doubt they will see much of the ball as the midfield is weak and the defense is prone to mistakes. You can get away with these much of the time in the SPL but against a good Premier League side they will be punished. Our best midfielder is the SHA fan Joe Newell but I doubt he will get forward much tonight as it will be all hands to the pump tonight at the back. Add in the fact Marshall in goal is prone to giving gifts to opposition forwards and it doesn't bode well. 

We have lost a couple of players that would make our first team who are out injured but generally speaking we will be as strong as possible.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

You underestimate our ability to mess up what should be straightforward.

Born in Hall Green and have followed Villa since the 70's  and  supported them home and away till the 90's   .......................so I know all about the shock results😪  🙃

• Like 1