Greatest Insults of all time

KentVillan

I think it's an urban myth but it's nevertheless worth trotting out Winston Churchills response to a female MP who accused him of being drunk:

Bessie Braddock MP: “Winston, you are drunk, and what’s more you are disgustingly drunk.”

WSC: “Bessie, my dear, you are ugly, and what’s more, you are disgustingly ugly. But tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be disgustingly ugly.”

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I think it's an urban myth but it's nevertheless worth trotting out Winston Churchills response to a female MP who accused him of being drunk:

Bessie Braddock MP: “Winston, you are drunk, and what’s more you are disgustingly drunk.”

WSC: “Bessie, my dear, you are ugly, and what’s more, you are disgustingly ugly. But tomorrow

I shall be sober and you will still be disgustingly ugly.”

Thing is, he had a point

Oh and he was paraphrasing W C Fields

image.jpeg

• Haha 1

A guy on Twitter a few days ago told a norwegian politician "I was about to call you a vag**a,but you obviously lack both warmt,and depth,so i just cant" 

I dont like her either,so i think he was spot on.

Edited by fleksnes
  • Like 1

Plato on his way to have an audience with whatever ruler was in charge of Greece at the time, seeing his rival Diogenes kneeling down, washing vegetables in a stream.

”My dear Diogenes, if you knew how to pay court to Kings, you wouldn’t have to wash vegetables.”

To which Diogenes replied “If you knew how to wash vegetables, you wouldn’t have to pay court to Kings.”

Oh no you didn’t, Diogenes!!!

5cr.gif

A more recent quip which is attributed to a few but dramatist 18th century dramatist Samuel Foote seems to be the likely source.

John Montagu, 4th Earl of Sandwich, saying to Foote “You, sir, will certainly either die upon the gallows or the pox.”

To which Foote replied “That depends, sir, upon whether I embrace your principles or your mistress.”

To which the various dignitaries would be like -

5dC.gif

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, sidcow said:

WSC: “Bessie, my dear, you are ugly, and what’s more, you are disgustingly ugly. But tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be disgustingly ugly.”

There was another one where Lady somethingorother said to him "If you were my husband i'd put poison in your coffee" Churchill said "And if I was your husband, I'd drink it!"

• Haha 3

Another Churchill one to George Bernard Shaw.

Shaw writing to Churchill.

“I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a friend ... if you have one."

Churchill replying.

"Cannot possibly attend first night; will attend second, if there is one."

• Like 1

Â