Judge Mental's Sexism and Misogyny Topic

bannedfromHandV

20 minutes ago, choffer said:

It's not a perfect film by any means. It's certainly not the film most people would think it was going to be (prior to release) but it is a thoughtful film. It's got some great "fluff", some excellent gags but it's also got heart and central message that's important. That some have chosen to be offended by it is no surprise but then middle-aged men were never the best at taking feedback. 

Without seeing the film or knowing anything about it, I already know exactly the type of person who is offended by it.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Ben Shapiro is a right wing nut job. The guy is a **** wet wipe who’d be an incel living in his mom’s basement if he hadn’t found a load of right wing window lickers to lap up his bullshit. 

He is almost certainly talking absolute horse crap

I cant say i know much about him tbh so i cant comment hence why i asked if anyone had seen it.

I wont watch it as its not for me

Seems to be getting a lot of heat about his video 

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I cant say i know much about him tbh so i cant comment hence why i asked if anyone had seen it.

I wont watch it as its not for me

Seems to be getting a lot of heat about his video 

Just as intended then.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, choffer said:

It’s a throwaway line at the end of the movie. She literally just says that’s where she is going as the credits roll. 

Does Ken DHUTWU?

• Haha 1

People who micro analyse everything to suit an agenda are fun sponges and I actively avoid them in my real life.  Cmon, it's a move about Barbie.  Probably a comedy, most likely not some sort of political message.  It's been made to make money by being entertaining, cos ya know, that's the aim.  Btw, Ben Shapiro is a jabroni.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Harkanon said:

People who micro analyse everything to suit an agenda are fun sponges and I actively avoid them in my real life.  Cmon, it's a move about Barbie.  Probably a comedy, most likely not some sort of political message.  It's been made to make money by being entertaining, cos ya know, that's the aim.  Btw, Ben Shapiro is a jabroni.

In fairness the Barbie movie by all accounts is 'deeper' than just a comedy, it has a pretty pointed feminist message that it apparently has the subtlety of a hammer in putting across, whilst being funny. Which seems to have got the usual suspects wound up - performatively, perhaps - as anything that carefully points out the smallest criticism of anything masculine is an evil seeking to cut penises off and make everyone gay.

13 minutes ago, Chindie said:

In fairness the Barbie movie by all accounts is 'deeper' than just a comedy, it has a pretty pointed feminist message that it apparently has the subtlety of a hammer in putting across, whilst being funny. Which seems to have got the usual suspects wound up - performatively, perhaps - as anything that carefully points out the smallest criticism of anything masculine is an evil seeking to cut penises off and make everyone gay.

ahh, so a piece of satire that plucks the rage strings of narcissists.  Especially those ultra masculine ones.  How very snowflakey

1 hour ago, Harkanon said:

ahh, so a piece of satire that plucks the rage strings of narcissists.  Especially those ultra masculine ones.  How very snowflakey

Why you so angry 😂

Let them have their opinion who cares. Im sure the film makers dont care what ben shapiro says they making a lot of money out of this more than he will ever see

Edited by Demitri_C

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/07/2023 at 08:03, Demitri_C said:

According to shapiro the movie hates on men and is feminism. The message demotes how men and women should be seperate. He also mentions that there is a wierd scene about barbie going to see a gynaecologist and that there is elements of transphobia.

Im just wondering forgetting who he is for a second but based on the film if this is the case? As seems a bit bizarre for a kids movie

Having now seen Barbie I can confirm everyone’s suspicions. Ben Shapiro is a **** idiot

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Having now seen Barbie I can confirm everyone’s suspicions. Ben Shapiro is a **** idiot

Never heard of him until his Barbie-nonsense. And now he is on the wrong side for him of an internet meme. Serves him right. 

Â