Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

That goal absolutely flew in. And the one thing that was really good to see was him compete physically with the Luton left back to get ahead and get the ball across for the own goal.he might be small but just like Salah he is very very strong  

Bit of an odd performance. I thought he was dreadful first half but absolutely class second half. The ball to Bailey was superb in particular. 

MOTM probably. Love the way he finds pockets of space and wants to turn and hurt the opposition. 

2 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Give it a season to adjust properly and he will be the best winger this club has ever seen. 

Maybe your young but lets not get carried away. We've had brilliant wingers at Villa. Including one that played RB last year. And the one on my profile pic will take some beating in any era.

He's started very well but it's very early days.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Give it a season to adjust properly and he will be the best winger this club has ever seen. 

I see people have pissed on your chips a bit in the replies. While I agree with them (especially about prime Young), I agree with the sentiment of your post, too: once he has settled and the interchanges with his teammates are even slicker than they are already, we’ll have a stunning player on our hands. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I don't really see him as a winger, he's one of these second strikers who can pop up all over the pitch to create space for others or just get on the ball where he feels like it.

When you're moving up the league you need a forward with that profile. Getting in Mane was transformational for Liverpool as they went from 5th/6th to winning the league and Son also had a big impact for Spurs in last 5-6 years so no reason given his age and vast experience already in his career Diaby can't be that signing for us.

Emery formation is probably perfect for him as he'd be a bit more restricted in 4-2-3-1 if that's all we played.

Forgot to add above but he should've had 3-4 more assists for us than he already does, Ollie missed some clear chances from his passes this season and I think that Bailey miss in second half showed the quality Diaby has. Many forwards would've had a shot 25 yards out and in central position but he knew Bailey was there and rolled it perfectly into his path and the finish should've been much better than it was.

13 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Forgot to add above but he should've had 3-4 more assists for us than he already does, Ollie missed some clear chances from his passes this season and I think that Bailey miss in second half showed the quality Diaby has. Many forwards would've had a shot 25 yards out and in central position but he knew Bailey was there and rolled it perfectly into his path and the finish should've been much better than it was.

Yep. If we average out what he has done so far over say 50 games then its a mimimum of 15 goals and 15 assists. Plus another 10 own goals  due to his play. 

And he is still settling in. The biggest compliment i can give him is that i expected a far flashier player. He is all about the end product. And the team. Not about him. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AshVilla said:

I think the Diaby chant is great.

Am i the only one that walks round the house sometimes yelling it at the top of their voice?

It's just dumb that it ends in Athens. It doesn't scan at all and what will we sing next year? 

Wembley would be a better end. Scans better and won't need changing 

3 hours ago, AshVilla said:

I think the Diaby chant is great.

Am i the only one that walks round the house sometimes yelling it at the top of their voice?

it's in my head a lot...if i sang it within earshot of my mrs i know i'd be greeted with "like **** are you going to athens with your football mates and not me"

50 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I see people have pissed on your chips a bit in the replies. While I agree with them (especially about prime Young), I agree with the sentiment of your post, too: once he has settled and the interchanges with his teammates are even slicker than they are already, we’ll have a stunning player on our hands. 

Lol my chips have taken a pissing it’s true. “Winger” is wrong but I’ll be honest I can’t keep track of what we are calling attacking players these days. Let’s just call him a forward player, and I think he’s going to be one of the best ever for us. He is young, possess unbelievable talent, pace and has a bang on attitude. Sometimes I feel like you just ‘see it’ in a player and I see it in him. I’m convinced he’s going to be an absolute baller. 

Also if people want to draw Young comparisons, he took a bit to settle and he really had to shake the fact he cost us nearly £10m (a lot at the time) from shitty ol Watford and at the start it looked like we’d overpaid. Diaby is already established and at this early stage showing more, and even at £50m odd he looks like he’s worth it. I think he’s the one. 

Edited by Spoony
  • Like 2

Drifted in and out the game due to the two lines of 5 Luton had most of the game, but when he did get the ball he was dynamite.

Would like to see us try and use him and Cash more to break it up from predominantly going down the left so much, you could see first half I many runs he made to gain some space without receiving the ball.

Another player who was an excellent buy and will only get better.

Â