Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

Just needs to slow thing downs a bit, gain some composure and control. First season, can't fault the effort and still put up some decent numbers while not really finding his position. Think he will click next season.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Last 15-20 mins he was everywhere, despite his missing chances and some poor decisions he put in a shift. Many of us wrote Bailey off last season, let’s not make the same mistake with Diaby.

Absolutely this. Some of the comments online (not here) about him are way OTT

• Like 1

The third goal typified how his season has been going lately. First of all, it was great movement to lose the midfielder and open the angle for McGinn to pass. He's been brilliant at that all season. Then it was a good driving run through midfield to put him in a great position to give a through ball to Duran or have a strike on goal. He did neither and tried and over hit a very low percentage pass to Watkins. It's that last part he's been mucking up. But if he starts to get that right, we'll have some player on our hands.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

The third goal typified how his season has been going lately. First of all, it was great movement to lose the midfielder and open the angle for McGinn to pass. He's been brilliant at that all season. Then it was a good driving run through midfield to put him in a great position to give a through ball to Duran or have a strike on goal. He did neither and tried and over hit a very low percentage pass to Watkins. It's that last part he's been mucking up. But if he starts to get that right, we'll have some player on our hands.

But still got an assist for it 😃

• Like 1

He doesn’t hide when things are going against him. Put in a shift tonight. He’s played his part this season in putting us where we are. If he kicks on next season, we’ve got a player here.

• Like 3

That eagerness to win the ball and put in a tackle in the last minute where he got a cramp, how can you not love this guy. Super excited for him next year 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Thought tonight was one of his best performances for us.

Always looked dangerous showing for the ball and taking it to the byline for the cut across goal.

Didn't stop running for the full 98 mins resulting in cramp at the end.

The only thing that was missing was a goal which is a composure issue which will improve with minutes.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Thought tonight was one of his best performances for us.

Always looked dangerous showing for the ball and taking it to the byline for the cut across goal.

Didn't stop running for the full 98 mins resulting in cramp at the end.

The only thing that was missing was a goal which is a composure issue which will improve with minutes.

He’s played a lot of minutes hasn’t he? 

The running and effort was exactly why he stayed on. Made the goal against Bournemouth with this as well.

Unlike most others he's still got some legs and he was using them.

2 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

He’s played a lot of minutes hasn’t he? 

A lot, but not the most.

Appeared in more games than anyone else actually.

Played less overall though than players who have been in and out for one reason or another.

Torres, Cash and Bailey have all played more. Plus of course the stalwarts of Luiz, McGinn, Konsa and Watkins.

I've been a huge critic of him and today I realised why.

When he's on it, he can be unplayable, but there's so much about his game that needs to be addressed. There's times when he looks scared to take a man on, looks clumsy, terrible touch, and it's usually when he's got no space to run in to. You give him a few yards, and he's a different prospect, lively, direct, looks like he wants to beat a defender. 

I want him to come good but so far, I'm a bit disappointed. Tonight was better, much better, but not without fault.

He frustrated the life out of me but I have to give him credit for the fact that he always keeps his head up and has a great attitude and even if his pass for the 3rd goal was lucky he absolute skinned the Liverpool player in the build up 

Let’s cut him a little slack.  

and let’s cut his critics a little slack.

He was awful at times, brilliant at times.

No one is wrong in saying that he should’ve scored two.  No one is wrong in saying he played his part.

We’re 4th. And barring some bizarre turn of events we’re staying there.

• Like 4

I’ll admit to being very frustrated with him in this game but… he worked his ass off all game and redeemed himself toward the end… even putting a shift in defensively…

All the players will be even better next season… under King Unai. Everyone better watch out next season… we’re going to be more formidable and dangerous and players like Moussa will play a big part in that…

There is nothing to actually moan about or criticise… we’ve been transformed and the only way is up…

Manager and players deserve nothing but our respect, admiration and appreciation… giving their all…

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

I’ll admit to being very frustrated with him in this game but… he worked his ass off all game and redeemed himself toward the end… even putting a shift in defensively…

All the players will be even better next season… under King Unai. Everyone better watch out next season… we’re going to be more formidable and dangerous and players like Moussa will play a big part in that…

There is nothing to actually moan about or criticise… we’ve been transformed and the only way is up…

Manager and players deserve nothing but our respect, admiration and appreciation… giving their all…

I see this being said a lot - he's also the reason he has to work his ass off in a lot of games, giving away the ball so easy, going down and staying down when a free kick was never on the cards. 

He's obviously a talent, but he's so hot and cold. Hopefully next season he's back at his best. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, T-Dog said:

He's obviously a talent, but he's so hot and cold. Hopefully next season he's back at his best.

This looks like Bailey posts last season. No, actually they were much more critical, myself included

Edited by Kiwivillan

Â