Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

6 hours ago, juanpablosaliceband said:

His performance was the only real downside for me. He almost looked disinterested. He offered nothing in pressing and closing Arsenal players down. Either wouldn’t run or couldn’t run. Either way, it’s a bit concerning. 

That's fundamentally incorrect. The absolute opposite of that statement is closer to the reality of his performance yesterday.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I didn’t think his body language was great at times, may be struggling with settling in / homesickness or something but he’s not quite right in my opinion at the moment.

Yeh, he’s been disappointing this last few matches. Probably the only negative really.

We’re fortunate that we now have a squad to deal with bad form. Ramsey, Tielemans and Bailey can all fill in for Diaby in some guise. A spell out of the team might do him good. 

57 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Like this is the type of nonsense I'm talking about. It;s like people are trying their best to find issues where there are none because they like to moan 

I’ve no interest in knocking players for one or two bad performances. That can happen to anyone. It was my genuine opinion that Diaby didn’t put in 100% effort yesterday and that his lack of work rate stood out like a sore thumb compared to Watkins and McGinn who ran themselves into the ground in a similar area of the pitch. Diaby is a speedster so closing down defenders should be easy to him. To me, he offered no resistance in this regard and Arsenal easily passed the ball beyond him. It irritated me to the point that I felt compelled to comment on it. No other agenda beyond that and again, that’s just my opinion based on what I saw. Maybe I saw it wrong. Otherwise, phenomenal few days for the club. 

I thought he did okay could see him running about, if I'm remembering right he set up a few chances for Digne and Watkins. Also his attitude seems exceptional from what I can tell, for a player of his style and ability he's never selfish, very much a team player, goes wild with celebration when others score. I saw a feature on him from when he was in Germany and they interviewed one of his former managers or coaches, and they said one of his standout qualities was his attitude and how down to earth he is.

Five assists and three goals in PL so far is pretty good going for a player supposedly struggling, he put in a cracking cross for Watkins header just last weekend

His job isn't to track back to the same extent as some of the others, he will have different instructions, so that we may use his pace on the counter

• Like 1

Our highest transfer signing can't get a start and people say we have no depth. Man City didn't play a central midfielder in their box 4 and people say we have no depth. Neutral pundits said Villa has a better bench than City in the game just gone but we have no depth. Hmm

Players lose form,  Bailey/ Tielemans are stand out examples of it. Diaby will be one if not our best player of that I'm sure. Some fans have a tendancy to judge players instantly and then entrench their opinions from there on in. 

I can guarantee Bailey will lose form at some stage and Diaby will gain it, that's what a squad is for. As fans we need to back players when they are off form even more than when they are on form. We can make a difference and we did against Arsenal. UTV. 

• Like 2

I thought he was good when he came on. He was there to provide the threat on the break and did that. He broke and set up Watkins and he did the same and set up Digne. Both were the right passes and he carried the ball well to set those chances up.

The threat is key as it forces Arsenal not to commit too many players forward to create overloads because a second goal for us is game over.

Emery said in his post match Press Conference he was "Excellent". He meant exactly that, he was the threat we needed to give us more control over Arsenal by forcing them to keep players back. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Our highest transfer signing can't get a start and people say we have no depth. Man City didn't play a central midfielder in their box 4 and people say we have no depth. Neutral pundits said Villa has a better bench than City in the game just gone but we have no depth. Hmm

He's not, that's still buendia. The club has never said diaby is our record transfer and ornstein who is most reliable for transfer details said it was 34.6 riding to like 45. So only if he fulfills all bonuses requirements would he be our record fee. 

• Like 2

I feel sorry for the opposition who face him when he's on form and back in the team with a point to prove. Had a fabulous start and his output has dropped a little recently. Still not played badly though. He's also played a lot of football since joining, and I suspect he's probably not used to that with playing in less demanding leagues with less fixtures.

Emery and co will get him firing again.

I used to think the big (positive) difference between him and Bailey was that diaby was far less selfish and would inevitably pass at the right times while Bailey ran down blind alleys.

I actually think that selflessness is becoming a weakness of his game. Too many times when he’s got yards to burn in front of him he becomes ponderous looking for a pass rather than driving on 

Its sinply because of the change to playing Tielemans as second striker at the moment. It has taken Emery 10 months to coach Bailey about the requirements of the defensive side of the game. Same will happen with Diaby. He is a humungous asset that will thrive more and more. Squad before eleven these days

• Like 2

12 hours ago, DJBOB said:

Looks just short of confidence.

..... and everything else !

Been very poor in recent weeks and has been generally "meh" since he arrived. I believe he has something to offer and its down to Emery to get the best out of him but the repeated hype about what a great signing he has been and how "blisteringly fast" he is ...... is starting to annoy me now !

Â