Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

Starting to see what people like Neil were saying on his podcast before we signed him.

It was noted that one of his strengths is a consistent level of performance.

So even when he isn't having the best game, he's consistently at a good level and can always make something happen.

As opposed to the likes of Doku and whoever else we were linked with at the time.

While they may have the odd 9 out of 10 and 10 out of 10 games... Diaby is more likely to give you a consistent minimum of 7 - 8 out of 10 every game.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DCJonah said:

The final goal as well. 98th minute and still that pace and desire and then the composure. 

Did you notice his celebration on his own behind the goal after the 3rd goal 👌 pumping the air like a mad man, love him 🥰

• Like 4

13 hours ago, DJBOB said:

Electric. Can't help but feel he should be played out wide a bit more but Unai knows best.

Down the flank, he was killing Ward once he moved to the left.

I think against the bigger sides he should play wide

14 hours ago, DJBOB said:

Electric. Can't help but feel he should be played out wide a bit more but Unai knows best.

Down the flank, he was killing Ward once he moved to the left.

I'd initially tend to agree, but he's such a good finisher, I feel like you'd not be taking advantage of that by having him out wide.

10 hours ago, Risso said:

This lad is absolute quality. That first touch for the non-goal was stupidly brilliant, the ball was really travelling and he controlled it with sumptuous ease.

That finish is something that we dont have too. Watkins probably goes across goal in the position and is invariably saved ir just wide.

What a player, Moussa is. Fantastic ability, willing runner. Right now, he's too talented for those around him. Yesterday, Zaniolo should have played him in and then Bailey should've done the same. You see his frustrations with his teammates but, hopefully, the link-ups will come and then we'll see him scoring loads. His off-the-shoulder runs and brilliant. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Enda said:

He’s our best player. Maybe Emi is better. But this fella is absolutely elite.

That touch for his offside goal 😍

Our best outfield player, yep. Martinez is our other elite player. Couple of others may reach that status in Kamara, Luiz, maybe Ramsey?

I'm so sad for him that his goal didn't stand, and actually a bit irritated over VAR and the rules. I of course get it that offside is offside and It's hard to argue against a goal being is disallowed when it is.

But, the point with the offside rule is that a player should not get an extra advantage by being closer to the goal than the defender (and perhaps a lot of other things too). In this case where we are talking about millimeters there is no advantage what so ever. The only result is that a perfectly executed beautiful goal is disallowed.

A sublime pass from Pau, good movement from different players, a super sprint, first touch and perfect shot - all ruled out because of this forensic approach to the game where we are striving for some kind of absolute justice by having computers calculate millimeters. It's just wrong, most didn't notice it when it happened and should better fall whithin some kind of clear and obvious-rule and with thicker lines being drawn by VAR or something. 

Â