Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

For me, if we've had to pay an extra few million for him and that leads to other top players considering us to be a credible choice the that's money well spent.

Not for a second am I comparing this stage to what happened at Man City, but there are some parallels as there have been with other clubs (Bergkamp to Arsenal for example) where there's a tipping point in how you're viewed, by the media, top level players etc. People are taking notice now. The smirks are fading.

With the payments to PSG etc, it seems to me Monchi has had his work cut out for him with this deal and played an absolute blinder. What signings he and Emery have been.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

£35m?!?! ok that eases some concerns. I was thinking we was getting mugged at £50m

35 mill and 15mill addons😀

1 hour ago, useless said:

Me no care how much he cost, the club know what they're doing, all that matters is if he's a good player and will improve us, if he does that will be worth any of the figures being talked about.

This is very true. A good signing is a player who improves us a bad one is a ooor player that doesn’t. The cost is merely a detail. Until we decide to sell him. His wages can be considered the same as far as assessing a player. In my opinion anyway

Just now, DaveAV1 said:

This is very true. A good signing is a player who improves us a bad one is a ooor player that doesn’t. The cost is merely a detail. Until we decide to sell him. His wages can be considered the same as far as assessing a player. In my opinion anyway

If we win a trophy or qualify for the CL or even avoid relegation m, althuid like to think that those days are firmly behind us now. 🤞

Just now, DaveAV1 said:

If we win a trophy or qualify for the CL or even avoid relegation m, althuid like to think that those days are firmly behind us now. 🤞

I’m aware who I support though so anything’s of course possible glorious success or failure is what we do!  Obviously hopefully the former please Villa!

Kaveh Solehkol was just discussing us on sky sports news, he was saying Diaby deal is close and he turned down a very lucrative deal at Al Nassr. Shouldnt take too long now, one of the best wingers in europe at this moment and he turned down saudi as it wasnt right at this stage of the career. Lets get him in and on the plane to the USA!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

It does impact on how much we have left to spend elsewhere. So that would be a reason why people would want to know.

Of course the club are best placed to assess this. If they think Diaby is worth spending an extra £10m meaning funds for elsewhere on the pitch aren’t available, I’m in no place to suggest otherwise.

But y’know this forum deals with lots of things that we have no real control over. Transfer fees is just another thing. But people like speculating.

On a personal level I like knowing so I can say with some authority “No, we didn’t piss away £10m on Ross McCormack…we pissed away £12m on Ross McCormack.” I like knowing because in conversation it helps my point if I’m not sounding vague.

Hopefully its done in the next day or two and could potentially join up with the Squad to face the geordies on Monday 

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

35 mill and 15mill addons😀

What so we think the fee is?!, seems some very varied claims out there.....

Something like 36.5m up front, with a other 10m or so in add ons?!?!

Â