Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

5 hours ago, Keyblade said:

It's not the Saudi club driving up the price, it's Leverkusen. They were reported to have wanted €45-50m from the start. If a Saudi team is interested, it's likelier to be in the interest of improving the Saudi team, and not one of PIF's overseas projects. This is little more than a conspiracy theory.

I get your point, however, if Newcastle were in for him, do you think the Saudi club would have bid..

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, catanzaro said:

I get your point, however, if Newcastle were in for him, do you think the Saudi club would have bid..

That's a separate conversation altogether imo. Each scenario is using 1 club to benefit that specific club (Moussa Diaby would absolutely improve Newcastle and of course Al Nassr).

Where it gets conspiratorial is saying they're using 1 of their clubs to derail the progress of one of the rivals of one of their other clubs. There's no evidence for that, and it doesn't even seem like that's what happened. Leverkusen had an asking price, we negotiated over it and got our man. He already agreed terms with us a while ago, and Al Nassr didn't outbid us at any point.

9 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

That's a separate conversation altogether imo. Each scenario is using 1 club to benefit that specific club (Moussa Diaby would absolutely improve Newcastle and of course Al Nassr).

Where it gets conspiratorial is saying they're using 1 of their clubs to derail the progress of one of the rivals of one of their other clubs. There's no evidence for that, and it doesn't even seem like that's what happened. Leverkusen had an asking price, we negotiated over it and got our man. He already agreed terms with us a while ago, and Al Nassr didn't outbid us at any point.

Ok understood.. I get what you are saying

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

Once again we are in the exact same range I have talked about for many weeks. That £30m to £40m range plus add ons is where we are as a club.

This is what I was lead to believe months ago and why I keep refuting claims we will spend £150m and smash transfer records with £60m signings.

There’s thousands of posters on this site, so apologies here, but what do you think our transfer budget it? What else are the agents telling you?

52 mill vs 35 mill, Romano vs Ornstein 

Not sure who to believe. 

You got the real fee, the guessed fee and possibly the leaked fee which might not be real. 

Like I'm convinced Levy leaked Maddison was £40 mill to the media when it probably was 40+10 so 50 in reality. 

2 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

52 mill vs 35 mill, Romano vs Ornstein 

Not sure who to believe. 

You got the real fee, the guessed fee and possibly the leaked fee which might not be real. 

Like I'm convinced Levy leaked Maddison was £40 mill to the media when it probably was 40+10 so 50 in reality. 

Could be as simple as Romano is quoting in Euros and Ornstein in pounds.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Villatillidie95 said:

This is an unreal price, i think he is gonna have an amazing debut season, benteke-like!

Ermmm, if I remember correctly Benteke was awful for his first 6 months at Villa?

3 hours ago, YLN said:

So we'll spend £40 million on individual players and not £60 million. I'm not sure that's the incredible scoop/gotcha that you think it is. I appreciate that you are sharing the information you're getting, but to then act as if you've called this signing and given us ITK info because we buy a player for £40 million and you said we would be buying players for around £40 million, after Fabrizio told us we were bidding around £40 million... It is appropriate that you receive some level of ridiculing for how proud you seem to be of declaring this big exclusive.

You don't have a clue what you are talking about. I was referring to arguments on here where I was clear we would make a couple of 30 to 40 mil transfers amd probably no higher. 

It was on the context of a debate about whether we would spend 50 to 60 mil on players. Starting with a debate about Chiesa.

After being informed by a couple of agents who work closely with Villa, that we weren't in for certain players and that the news on the grapevine amongst agents was that we wouldn't be in that market, I mentioned it on VT.  I had debates about it with some posters as they disagreed with the information I was providing.

This was weeks ago.

My comments then about Diaby were relevant to that.

What you have posted is absolute nonsense. I was merely stating that its consistent with what I posted at the time and your post misses that point completely.

I get information from various sources due to the fact I work with players and agents all the time. I have given information previously to posters on here directly.

I will refrain from mentioning anything else I hear from people within the game on this forum in future to save being "deservedly ridiculed".

However, at least acknowledge what I have said in this post and why your above post missed the point.

Edited by GlobalVillan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, villan-scott said:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7h6ubvhvyc9k6se3t83

Give it a rest Rudy. 

Hmm. Hopefully it’s bollocks but just to point out he got one right v recently. Fab had said Alex Telles was a done deal, this guy said it wasn’t happening and sure enough it seems not to be happening. 

Let’s just get that contract signed.

59 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

You don't have a clue what you are talking about. I was referring to arguments on here where I was clear we would make a couple of 30 to 40 mil transfers amd probably no higher. 

It was on the context of a debate about whether we would spend 50 to 60 mil on players. Starting with a debate about Chiesa.

After being informed by a couple of agents who work closely with Villa, that we weren't in for certain players and that the news on the grapevine amongst agents was that we wouldn't be in that market, I mentioned it on VT.  I had debates about it with some posters as they disagreed with the information I was providing.

This was weeks ago.

My comments then about Diaby were relevant to that.

What you have posted is absolute nonsense. I was merely stating that its consistent with what I posted at the time and your post misses that point completely.

I get information from various sources due to the fact I work with players and agents all the time. I have given information previously to posters on here directly.

I will refrain from mentioning anything else I hear from people within the game on this forum in future to save being "deservedly ridiculed".

However, at least acknowledge what I have said in this post and why your above post missed the point.

Calm down

• Like 2

Â