Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

That Saudi team have been given a transfer embargo as they owe a load of money, Fabrizio who is very credible says it's been agreed the players side and that Villa will no doubt go in with a new pay structure. So there's more hope for us IMO

23 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah I commented that Neil said on his podcast that the one major positive about Diaby is that he is pretty consistent.

For a winger that's a major plus as you can imagine.

So this is probably why he is the main target.

It's all well and good being world class for 1 game in 10, but if someone is a consistent 7 - 8 in most games it's better 

Precisely… I share his “concerns” with Johnson too… especially at the mooted price…

He knows what he’s talking about, most of the time…

Haven’t watched or listened to his Doku video yet..

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

🤷‍♂️

People do realise flights like this happen regardless of football transfers right. 

Also why would he be coming here if we haven't even agreed the fee with Leverkusen yet.

5 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

People do realise flights like this happen regardless of football transfers right. 

I don't think they do.

They've seen the Pau stuff and want the attention.

• Like 1

The guy is 24. If he wants to get back into the French national team in the next couple of years, he'll want to be playing in the Premier League, Serie A or La Liga, not the Saudi Pro League.

The latter might become massive due to the sheer scale of investment the Saudis make over the next decade, but we're not there yet. While it might become the new Super League, at present -- and that is all that should matter for Diaby's career prospects -- it is 'about League Two' level (according to the pundits on the Guardian Football podcast, at least). 

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah I commented that Neil said on his podcast that the one major positive about Diaby is that he is pretty consistent.

For a winger that's a major plus as you can imagine.

So this is probably why he is the main target.

It's all well and good being world class for 1 game in 10, but if someone is a consistent 7 - 8 in most games it's better 

Just listened to his thoughts on Doku, he’s a fan. Exceptional dribbler, exceptionally quick (I didn’t hear him say “latent pace” today though 🤣).

He’s less concerned about his injuries than I am… he gave some examples but I would debate that some players lose a lot when they can’t rely on that pace whereas others transition and utilise their technique more (those that have it, like Keane as he mentioned who I don’t think ever relied on pace anyway)…

I’d rather we signed a player who’s reliable and available most of the time… rather than someone who’s gonna have a blinder but then be out for weeks…

That could be Doku as he develops and ages but I’m not sure if he is what we need right now… Diaby is the “safer” option imo…

Mind you, this might be our best opportunity at signing him before the “big clubs” start sniffing…

He’d be a great addition to the squad but I don’t think the cost would justify him being a bench/rotational player… we need players that are going to properly affect that first team… especially if we’re splashing out…

Let’s see what Monchi and Unai decide…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Also why would he be coming here if we haven't even agreed the fee with Leverkusen yet.

They were coming to drop Diaby off for a medical and pick up Coutinho at the same time..

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

That plane has since gone to Reykjavik and is going back to Düsseldorf… seems like it’s nothing to do with villa 

Or..

5 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

You missed the stop to Riyadh that it made😏

They went there to drop Courtinho off first before dropping Diaby back off at Düsseldorf?... 

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

They were coming to drop Diaby off for a medical and pick up Coutinho at the same time..

Or..

They went there to drop Courtinho off first before dropping Diaby back off at Düsseldorf?... 

Or none of that

• Haha 1

Â