The Moral Maze - Age of Consent

Seat68

1 hour ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

Absolutely correct, however I can't fathom why anyone remotely famous would do it, without anonymity at least. The thrill of being caught? There seems so much to lose in terms of reputation, a risk of blackmail and damaging relationships even if you takeaway any moral/legal issues. 

I guess if you're doing it direct its harder to make anonymous. And then you've effectively got a supply and demand deal - the wealthy individual says I'll pay well for the pics, but on the understanding its a private matter and the pic taker knows they've got a good thing going but only so long as they play by the rules. Although it only takes the pic taker to gamble the deal by holding it to ransom go wrong. Or a third party to know about it.

And you probably also have to account for this being an understanding that was driven by someone thinking with their dick, which famously isn't the most logical of thinking machines.

• Like 1

Just now, Dodgyknees said:

Is this the Prince Andrew version of the Crystal Maze?

It's automatic lock-in if your sweat drips onto the floor of Pizza Express Woking.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The law vs morality debate is a fascinating one and was probably my favourite course at uni.

There's plenty of things which are legal but could be morally dubious. Opinions on these things often change over the year's, historically various things such as homosexuality, adultery, abortion, attempted suicide were all illegal but are now all perfectly legal. It doesn't stop some people still viewing these things as immoral though. 

There's also potentially examples of things which could be morally acceptable but are illegal.

It's a fascinating concept and one I'd be very hesitant to make judgments on or condemn people as it could be a slippery slope.

I'm also fairly confident there would be something every single person on this forum does which is legal but someone else might find unethical. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Second 20 year old has now contacted the BBC making allegations

Also Police have asked BBC to pause their investigation

Sounds like this is more abusive bullying incident although some suggestion thst wasn't after he threatened to expose him. 

Still it sounds like it's maybe a bit of a pastime with him.  Expect a few more may come out of the woods. 

This one was started on and dating app then went offline. 

Don't know what think.  Why go offline with someone if you're not interested. 

BBC guy must be ibsa to think thus could call end well though. 

Latest allegation doesn’t add an awful lot to the story tbh. Sounds like a spat between two adults who’ve met on a dating app.

The only bit of this story that really means anything is the possibility of the first guy being under 18 when they started exchanging sexually explicit photos.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Latest allegation doesn’t add an awful lot to the story tbh. Sounds like a spat between two adults who’ve met on a dating app.

The only bit of this story that really means anything is the possibility of the first guy being under 18 when they started exchanging sexually explicit photos.

Yes and the persons parents potentially being worried that their child is fuelling a drug habit with the money made from selling images legally online. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Yes and the persons parents potentially being worried that their child is fuelling a drug habit with the money made from selling images legally online. 

I’m sure I read somewhere that the first young person and his parents are estranged. You also only have their word for it that he’s a drug addict.

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

I'm also fairly confident there would be something every single person on this forum does which is legal but someone else might find unethical. 

:ph34r:

I'll refrain from posting my Bangkok memoirs. 

4 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

So I found out that Helen Skelton is only 17 in that video.

IMG_8596.gif.8aeeaadecaadb5228f96d816f0dff011.gif

I don't know what video you mean and I'm definitely not googling it now!

• Like 1

Police have said they were contacted back in April and investigated to find no criminality occurred. They are now opening new lines of enquiry.

Â