Captaincy 2023-24

maqroll

Captaincy 2023-24   

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who Should Get the Armband?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/08/23 at 02:47

I’d be happy with Mings, Martinez or Dougie but I don’t think it’s worth taking it off McGinn with how he has been playing. Question is what % of games he will start and I think only Emi is guaranteed to start as often as possible. I’d still stick to McGinn though, he was bossing games in the last few months.

We have already seen what the effects of changing captains can be.

There is no need to change captains.

Leave things be, or rotate the captaincy.  We need 11 captains on the field.  You shouldn’t need an armband.

i dont really care tbh.

All i want is for the captaincy to not be a drama and for no-one to get their knickers in a twist over it this year, and for us to just back Emery and the team.

Whoever Emery picks, thats it, end of story, we move on.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 3

Would imagine we'll just stick with SJM given his storming second half of the season. Mings is fine concentrating on his own game now and he can also show leadership helping Pau Torres settle in.

Personally given we need to be in contention for one of the cup competitions we're entering I'd give it to Emi as with his on pitch personality I reckon that would get another 5% from us but that should've been done last season so don't really see it changing with how settled everything became.

I wouldn't have made McGinn captain last year (i think most of us would not have), and I don't really see McGinn as the true captain of the squad currently.

However, we definitely don't need another debacle like Stevie had stripping Mings of the captaincy right before the season, so I don't really see a point in taking it off McGinn to give it to someone else. It would just cause more news and scrutiny on the players. 

• Like 1

Â