Forest Green

Demitri_C

21 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

As for women managers, it may have come across wrong, but I have no issues if they are the best person for the role. She's interim anyway, so let's see if she gets the job full time.

It’s interesting that she’s been designated as ‘interim manager’, if the owner had the confidence in her that he’s extolling then surely there’d be no need for the ‘interim’ piece.

It feels like the interim aspect is there to keep the throbbers at bay.

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

As for women managers, it may have come across wrong, but I have no issues if they are the best person for the role. She's interim anyway, so let's see if she gets the job full time.

what do you mean by 'if' ? why would any owner risk losing money just for some sort of point scoring?

this is the question the 'anti-woke' brigade always fail to be able to answer

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

Emma Hayes too

chelsea missed a trick giving the job to frank. i'd bet every penny in the bank she'd have gotten more points than him and the fans love her

2 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

An ofcourse it shocks me your getting involved.

If you want to respond to the comment please do. But I'm not sure why you have to be so constant with your sarcastic replies, which never have any input to the subject other than disrespect to the poster.

I did respond to the comment :thumb: 

To clarify: it's horseshit. As per.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

what do you mean by 'if' ? why would any owner risk losing money just for some sort of point scoring?

this is the question the 'anti-woke' brigade always fail to be able to answer

She's just interim at the moment.

46 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

The bigger story is why they ever thought appointing Duncan Ferguson was a good idea in the first place.

Passion merchant 

On 05/07/2023 at 09:55, foreveryoung said:

They were shit before he got there, maybe wanted players, but no decent player wants to go there and eat plants.

Do you any idea how many elite professional athletes (including footballers) are vegan? I think you’d be surprised. 

• Like 1

On 05/07/2023 at 15:20, The Fun Factory said:

The bigger story is why they ever thought appointing Duncan Ferguson was a good idea in the first place.

He's been involved in the coaching side at Everton for years and the players seemed to respond well to him when he was caretaker manager.  He's also got a bunch of Premier League connections and maybe they thought he'd be able to secure loan deals on favourable terms by calling in a few favours.   

Hannah Dingley has got her work cut out for her though.  Forest Green went down with a whimper last season and unless there's a massive overhaul of players this summer the squad is going to struggle next year too.  I hope she's not screwed over by circumstances beyond her control, but I suppose she has to take the opportunity wherever it presents itself.

On 05/07/2023 at 12:22, Villatillidie95 said:

I always figured Emma Hayes would be the first woman to manage a men's team for some reason. Good luck and will be interesting to see if she is a success, no reason she can't be

She was on AFC Wimbledon's shortlist a few years ago when they were mid table league one but declined an interview apparently.

• Shocked 1

Â