Forest Green

Demitri_C

Have just announced a woman hannah dingley as caretaker manager in a first.

This should be interesting to see how it works out. Was wondering when this sort of thing would happen as the world has changed

Good luck to her

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

No shock big Duncan didn't last, owner single handedly destroying this club with his net zero ideology and now women manager. Although I guess it'll be a good chance to prove if women can manage in the men's game, not rhe hardest club to manage though.

Guy funds just stop oil protestors too, so we have him to thank for that also.

His 6% win rate probably is why he got sacked

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

They were shit before he got there, maybe wanted players, but no decent player wants to go there and eat plants.

Twenty years ago Forest Green were a side just happy to stay up in the national league so Vince gets more right than wrong with the football decisions.

League 1 was just a step too far but might be one of those occasions where you have to take a step back and they can certainly be challenging for promotion again.

They'll be a female boss somewhere permanently in the football league in next 5 years I think.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

They were shit before he got there, maybe wanted players, but no decent player wants to go there and eat plants.

They were promoted the previous season, so were always likely to struggle, but 1 win in 18 games is dismal and no surprise he got the tin tack. 

'No decent player wants to go there' is very much [citation needed] IMO, they seem to get players of roughly the level you would expect a club in their position in the league pyramid to get. 

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

They were promoted the previous season, so were always likely to struggle, but 1 win in 18 games is dismal and no surprise he got the tin tack. 

'No decent player wants to go there' is very much [citation needed] IMO, they seem to get players of roughly the level you would expect a club in their position in the league pyramid to get. 

Conor Wickham was playing for them at some point in last 12 months, he was still a premier league player as recently as 2021.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Well I for one am shocked that this is your take on the situation

An ofcourse it shocks me your getting involved.

If you want to respond to the comment please do. But I'm not sure why you have to be so constant with your sarcastic replies, which never have any input to the subject other than disrespect to the poster.

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

No shock big Duncan didn't last, owner single handedly destroying this club with his net zero ideology and now women manager. Although I guess it'll be a good chance to prove if women can manage in the men's game, not rhe hardest club to manage though.

Guy funds just stop oil protestors too, so we have him to thank for that also.

I'm not at all shocked that you view a healthy diet and having women involved in football as being bad things...

...but I think "big Duncan" probably got sacked because he was utter shit and managed to get 6 points from 18 games, rather than the owner "destroying the club" (despite this being their first relegation in over 70 years and last season having been the highest ever level they've played at.  Some destruction!)

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I haven't opposed having a women manager, I said it'll be a good chance to prove herself.

As for Duncan, yes he's shit, an was never gonna last their especially with the owners ideologies 

Wanting to be better at football?  Or is Duncan Ferguson sexist too? :D 

Good luck to her anyway.

I think one of the challenges women will have is the same that a lot of male managers have when they haven't played at a high level, but plenty of managers have shown that  playing at a high level and managing at a high level are completely different skills

8 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Good luck to her anyway.

I think one of the challenges women will have is the same that a lot of male managers have when they haven't played at a high level, but plenty of managers have shown that  playing at a high level and managing at a high level are completely different skills

I reckon Sarina Wiegman could cut it as a league manager. 

• Like 1

Â