Forest Green

Demitri_C

On 05/07/2023 at 15:10, Demitri_C said:

Its going to be interesting you unfortunately will get alot of of sexiat away fans chanting somw shit but hopwfully just ignores the noise ans gets on with it

I mean there's been a female ref in league 2 for a couple of years and I haven't read any reports of sexist chanting so not sure why a manager on a touchline would suddenly get it.

It's changed from a decade ago when Keys and Gray were spouting their stuff and it was proper old Boys club in certain broadcasting circles. Now you have a Female ref in an England international and nobody cares.

Only reason this is big is it's never been done before but she's coached in the youth set ups and I presume a few of those players are now part of their first team squad so don't really see the issue bar the obvious of she needs to win some games to settle everything down and be judged on her managerial/coaching abilities. 

49 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

She was on AFC Wimbledon's shortlist a few years ago when they were mid table league one but declined an interview apparently.

that would have been a good position and just round the corner from chelsea. I imagine she is waiting for a position in the premier league or championship. Can definitely see it happening in the next couple of years, she seems to be very respected

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

I mean there's been a female ref in league 2 for a couple of years and I haven't read any reports of sexist chanting so not sure why a manager on a touchline would suddenly get it.

It's changed from a decade ago when Keys and Gray were spouting their stuff and it was proper old Boys club in certain broadcasting circles. Now you have a Female ref in an England international and nobody cares.

Only reason this is big is it's never been done before but she's coached in the youth set ups and I presume a few of those players are now part of their first team squad so don't really see the issue bar the obvious of she needs to win some games to settle everything down and be judged on her managerial/coaching abilities. 

Because no one really cares about lineswomen. Fans love winding each other up

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Dingleys not been given the job full time which seems bizarre as i was under impression she was given job full time

No it was announced as an interim appointment at the time I think.

14 hours ago, dubbs said:

No it was announced as an interim appointment at the time I think.

She took charge of only one pre-season friendly, a bit pointless if you ask me, could have just had a coach take the game.  Likely a PR stunt, which has worked as it was all over the news.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, duke313 said:

She took charge of only one pre-season friendly, a bit pointless if you ask me, could have just had a coach take the game.  Likely a PR stunt, which has worked as it was all over the news.  

Yeah thats what i think too. PR

3 hours ago, duke313 said:

She was the most qualified coach at the club

Â