Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

5 minutes ago, villa89 said:

As mentioned previously once they trademarked the badge it was never going to change, despite the reaction of the fans. 

Once they sent it to the jersey supplier (Adidas) for printing - probably six months back - it was too late. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, His Name Is Death said:

The problem is that so much that it's yellow - it was fine when it was layered on top of the claret and blue stripes (see the 1990-2000 badge) - but that it looks washed out over pale blue. Which Villa fans have pointed out repeatedly.

In the 90s it was gold, yellow came in 2007

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

In the 90s it was gold, yellow came in 2007

Ah, sorry, I misremembered. That would have made all the difference.

Claret, blue and gold is just an obviously beautiful and striking combination, but I suppose there's no accounting for corporate American tastes.

Edited by His Name Is Death
  • Like 1

As ever I have seen about a dozen fan mock ups better than the real thing.

But finally we have reached a decision and we can close this tired thread.

I mean it's deeply underwhelming and solves none of the issues we have with the Lerner badge but I can't face another year of this.

• Like 3

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

I mean it's deeply underwhelming and solves none of the issues we have with the Lerner badge but I can't face another year of this.

Welcome to Design, branding and marketing. You’ll will always be disappointed 😂

• Like 1

Again I will say I will not make a full judgement until seeing the full release and how it looks on the kit … And just because they’ve used that image for digital purposes it doesn’t mean the one on the shirt is gunna be drop shadow. I put the badge up on my iPad and stood back a few metres and have to say it doesn’t look bad at all … when zoomed in not so great - the lion certainly pops out 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wilko154 said:

Anyone else not have a clue what a drop shadow is?

I didn’t before this thread tbh. Knew what it was in theory through my days using WordArt on the 98 version of Word at school but didn’t know the name of it!

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

Again I will say I will not make a full judgement until seeing the full release and how it looks on the kit … And just because they’ve used that image for digital purposes it doesn’t mean the one on the shirt is gunna be drop shadow. I put the badge up on my iPad and stood back a few metres and have to say it doesn’t look bad at all … when zoomed in not so great - the lion certainly pops out 

It’s a fair position to take because I hated the round badge the second it appeared on the kits. Looks terrible in my opinion. 

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Close this thread and I'm starting a new one about the next next badge

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Anyone else not have a clue what a drop shadow is?

i think its something our first team did today at Selhurst Park.

2 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Yes we just need to rearrange the layout, change the lion, remove the drop shadow, forget the star, adjust the colour scheme, and use a better font.

It's not funny because it's true... 

I'm not absolutely appalled by it, but it's very underwhelming considering that Heck was heralded to be a branding genius with what he's done previously - and essentially we've ended up with what we had before, but with a cheesy drop shadow and slightly clunky text. Seems like a very rushed job for something that, in theory, is going to be part of the club's image for many years to come.

• Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I think that IS it on the kit. If you zoom in tight, you can see a dimmed outline of the last couple of letters of the Betano logo in the bottom left of the pic.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Ive just selected a random mockup i found online. Its not for th kit but more of the new badge. I think when its in other colours it actually looks quite nice like this

Screenshot_20240519_194125_Chrome.jpg

Looks worse possibly. Just accentuates the misalignment of the lion in the shield. Why did they think it would look good ?

• Like 1

Â