Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

I wonder if we will be going forwards using a darker shade of claret for the shirts, etc.  The announcement of Betano appears to be a deeper shade than used currently and the badge does stand out well against it. 

9 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Well open your eyes then. 

Thats an issue with monochrome badges. 

I actually had a double take when I saw a Middlesbrough player being interviewed with a monochrome badge an I wondered for a split second who this Villa player was and why his training kit was a funny colour. 

Then it’s needs changing. Trying to be a “global brand” that’s competing with Chelsea seems pathetic if our badge looks like theirs. 

Yeah you and many others like the round one, but if it looks like the Chelsea badge, then theirs issues that need correcting 

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

Then it’s needs changing. Trying to be a “global brand” that’s competing with Chelsea seems pathetic if our badge looks like theirs. 

Yeah you and many others like the round one, but if it looks like the Chelsea badge, then theirs issues that need correcting 

So making it look like Middlesbrough and Scotland and dozens of others is OK then? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

So making it look like Middlesbrough and Scotland and dozens of others is OK then? 

Not like them either. 

not like any other club. 

Got to look like an Aston Villa badge. 

Distinct, unique, fundamentally us 

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Are you really suggesting the negativity around this "new" badge was at the same level as the reaction to the round one and the reaction to the Luke shirts?

Seriously?

Of course. I'm not expecting everyone to be happy. But for the vast vast majority of fans to be very unhappy is a bit different.

Over 80% of fans wanted a change from the Lerner badge. Instead they've tweaked the Lerner badge, made it worse, and given it back to us

Wow, you're right. it's amazing isn't it. Dunno why we didn't just scribble it onto a blank square and use that

We're about to qualify for the biggest club competition on the planet, for the first time in our history (yeah yeah European cup, we all know the CL is bigger now)

For the first time ever, we are going to be beamed into living rooms across the world on the biggest stage our club could possibly be on. People across the world could be seeing our club for the first time, or paying attention for the first time.

And the main thing that identifies us, the symbol of our club, the thing that gives people their first and lasting impressions of us... will be a badge that looks like it was knocked up by a 12 year old on clip art

To be honest I'm sick of people telling us that we shouldn't be bothered about this and that we should move on. This matters. Just because you don't care about it doesn't mean other shouldn't. 

We are never going to get this mythical "perfect" badge.  We can cry like 10 year olds all we want but a new badge won't be in universal agreement.

Yes the Luke's kits were ridiculed online, as was the recent round badge too. It happens all the time.

I think you (and others) are overreacting to the badge. This outrage is bringing needless negative energy towards the club.

Firstly, I am happy we are going to the biggest stage in the world - I want people to see our full name and our date of origin (heritage). If that means little to you - so be it.

If you want to whinge about the badge while we are doing well on the pitch & off the pitch - go ahead.

• Like 1

Just now, Villa_Vids said:

We are never going to get this mythical "perfect" badge.  We can cry like 10 year olds all we want but a new badge won't be in universal agreement.

Again, nobody wants this. Or has asked for this. Or is realistically expecting this.

What we''ve got is a badge that is almost universally disliked. You must realise the difference, surely?

Your "better fan than you" bollocks is wearing very thin.

It's exactly BECAUSE we're doing so well on the pitch that people want a brand and a badge to match.

It doesn't make us worse fans than you just because you're happy to accept mediocrity in that department

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rbcuk said:

Well on the betano site they have put the new badge on the press release 

https://kaizengaming.com/aston-villa-and-betano-announce-principal-partnership/

The new badge, which hasn't gone through the required fan consultation you mean?! The FA hasn't approved it so I think the club shouldn't have issued the new badge until it is signed off as any backtracking will be embarrassing.

• Like 1

I don't really give a shit about the badge as much as most people, just wish we'd pick one and leave it alone. But that new one looks like something a kid would come up with on Microsoft Publisher for the year 9 ICT homework. The text doesn't even look properly centred.

Edited by blunther
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

The new badge, which hasn't gone through the required fan consultation you mean?! The FA hasn't approved it so I think the club shouldn't have issued the new badge until it is signed off as any backtracking will be embarrassing.

WHO says it’s not been approved by the FA ? Not seen that anywhere … I trust the club have done the required due diligence with the badge in terms of liaising with the FA. 

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

WHO says it’s not been approved by the FA ? Not seen that anywhere … I trust the club have done the required due diligence with the badge in terms of liaising with the FA. 

I think MOMS mentioned something, as David Michaels had asked some people in the know about it. I know it is vague and indirect but i think DM generally has credible sources.

• Thanks 1

The new round badge isn't great. I can absolutely see why you'd want to quickly move on from it, it's too similar to too many other badges and it disappears in the crowd of other crests due to how generic it is. It's like the AI generated image of modern clean football club badge with a heraldic lion in claret and blue.

The Lerner revamp we're getting makes it look like the best football club badge ever designed. The Lerner badge is bad and always was no matter how much they tinker it to try to rescue it, and now we're getting something that is actually worse somehow.

It's **** terrible.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chindie said:

The new round badge isn't great. I can absolutely see why you'd want to quickly move on from it, it's too similar to too many other badges and it disappears in the crowd of other crests due to how generic it is. It's like the AI generated image of modern clean football club badge with a heraldic lion in claret and blue.

The Lerner revamp we're getting makes it look like the best football club badge ever designed. The Lerner badge is bad and always was no matter how much they tinker it to try to rescue it, and now we're getting something that is actually worse somehow.

It's **** terrible.

I like the new badge.  This is all a matter of opinion.

So just to sum up this thread, for any who don't want to go back and read it all.

Lerner badge: shit.

Purslow badge: shit.

Heck badge: shit.

Edited by est1874
  • Haha 3

As much as I hate monochrome badges I kinda hope we go monochrome on all 3 kits next season if the Heck badge is what we are getting.

Just now, sne said:

As much as I hate monochrome badges I kinda hope we go monochrome on all 3 kits next season if the Heck badge is what we are getting.

Maybe go a bit further if it’s Heck badge, let’s go with a transparent version, like completely transparent, so much so that it can’t be seen.

6 minutes ago, est1874 said:

So just to sum up this thread, for any who don't want to go back and read it all.

Lerner badge: shit.

Purslow badge: shit.

Heck badge: shit.

Lerner badge: has issues

Purslow badge: un unique and boring 

Heck badge: Lerner badge with more issues

That’s my take 

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 2

Â