Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

Is this damn new badge and kit going to be released already? I thought we would know by now, the whole thing is becoming tiring. Maybe this is their plan, to squeeze out all semblance of anticipation and excitement from us and help soften the blow once it’s finally released.

3 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

If they were determined to evolve the 2007 badge, if they had replaced the yellow with claret I would live with it.

It's the truth. The yellow lion just doesn't look good.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, maltesemike said:

Is this damn new badge and kit going to be released already? I thought we would know by now, the whole thing is becoming tiring. Maybe this is their plan, to squeeze out all semblance of anticipation and excitement from us and help soften the blow once it’s finally released.

I would have thought the badge would have been out by now.

I don't think they'll officially announce the kit manufacturer or kit until this year of the current deal expires - so not until July.

47 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I would have thought the badge would have been out by now.

I don't think they'll officially announce the kit manufacturer or kit until this year of the current deal expires - so not until July.

From the plan for 150 years celebrations: "In the spring, we will share an update on our plans for our 2024/25 kit and merchandise."

Would imagine they can't do that without announcing the new manufacturer, otherwise a bit pointless.

Source

• Like 1

7 hours ago, est1874 said:

No it doesn't. The biggest issue with the crest (the one we've had for 15+ years now) is the lack of Aston Villa. A freestanding lion doesn't solve that. It doesn't solve anything in fact, it's just a freestanding lion.

Aston Villa is the most beautiful club name in English football and maybe the world, but ultimately everyone still recognised us with AVFC at the top. It was still clearly a Villa badge. 

The yellow on light blue is the biggest problem with that badge. 

• Like 1

The post 2007 badge has many problems, not least being the only badge we haven't won a trophy with!

The beginning of this process in 2022 suggested it was going to be consigned to history which is what makes all of the stuff since May 2023 so odd, especially the trademarked one in December  2023 that was based of the badge we thought we were getting rid of!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

Aston Villa is the most beautiful club name in English football and maybe the world, but ultimately everyone still recognised us with AVFC at the top. It was still clearly a Villa badge. 

The yellow on light blue is the biggest problem with that badge. 

Yeah at least you could read the AVFC from far away or a small thumbnail , a yellow lion on blue, with aston villa on and its just gonna be complete mush. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Muller Yogurt Long Sleever said:

I've left the crest subject alone for a few weeks but am still exasperated not only at the lack of consultation, but at the glaring design faults with the more-than-likely new thing. Everyone has an opinion on stars, 1874, crest or roundel, which lion, which way it faces and whatnot - and none of these opinions can really be considered right or wrong. But what is pretty much inarguable are the terrible colour choices, resulting clunky drop shadow and positioning of the lion scraping his head.

What's also so annoying is that this basic design - which whilst not my choice of arrangement - could at least just work with a bit of refinement (in my opinion). Since it leaked, we've all seen enough Villa badges to have a different one every season until the end of time. So I know this is futile but I appear to have done it now, blame insomnia...

Badge rework.jpg

You have nailed the star location, why can’t the “experts” know this is where it should go?

That shield, star, detailed lion looking right and ‘Aston Villa’ (not AVFC) is all spot on.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Muller Yogurt Long Sleever said:

Badge rework.jpg

I like the bottom left badge very much but can see a logistical problem meaning two different applications to the shirt instead of one, increasing the production cost (having the gold star separate to the badge).

There is a way round this, by returning to the idea of the "gas lamp" topped shield first suggested by the club.

I live on one of the few roads in the country that still has these old gas lamps, and although they are very dim they look superb as an historic nudge to the past (have a look at some images). An ornamental triangle at the top of the badge would display the gold star in just the position you've placed it in your design, and would make it a single (less costly) application to the shirt. It would also have that historic story telling link to our foundation 150 years ago.

11 hours ago, Muller Yogurt Long Sleever said:

I've left the crest subject alone for a few weeks but am still exasperated not only at the lack of consultation, but at the glaring design faults with the more-than-likely new thing. Everyone has an opinion on stars, 1874, crest or roundel, which lion, which way it faces and whatnot - and none of these opinions can really be considered right or wrong. But what is pretty much inarguable are the terrible colour choices, resulting clunky drop shadow and positioning of the lion scraping his head.

What's also so annoying is that this basic design - which whilst not my choice of arrangement - could at least just work with a bit of refinement (in my opinion). Since it leaked, we've all seen enough Villa badges to have a different one every season until the end of time. So I know this is futile but I appear to have done it now, blame insomnia...

Badge rework.jpg

Oh wow, that is superb 👏 

Still would prefer our name at the top than the bottom…

but I’m resigned to the choices that have seemingly already been made…

just hoping for the best possible version…

I'm sure i was told the reason the star is in the badge was because the FA wouldn't let us have it outside isn't it?

It had to be part of the badge as you weren't allowed "decoartions" that aren't sponsors on the shirt.

Looking at the Forest badge would suggest that's rubbish, but if it can be outside I've no idea why it isn't already.

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

I'm sure i was told the reason the star is in the badge was because the FA wouldn't let us have it outside isn't it?

It had to be part of the badge as you weren't allowed "decoartions" that aren't sponsors on the shirt.

Looking at the Forest badge would suggest that's rubbish, but if it can be outside I've no idea why it isn't already.

Luton too, loads of stuff outside their crest. 

800px-Luton_town_fc.svg.png

5 hours ago, MrBlack said:

The difference with the Forest badge is that the stars are a part of the badge, much like our star. It's never displayed without them.

We could theoretically do the same thing, but then you lose a lot of readability at smaller sizes because the star has to fit so the rest of the badge is even smaller. Forest get around this by having one of the cleanest, simplest badges in football.

There would also be PL rules limiting on how much real estate a badge can take up on a shirt. Forest have been prepared to deal with that.

I think they only way we could have a badge with the star above like forest do is to scrap the shield altogether and just run with the lion.

Edited by ThunderPower_14
  • Thanks 1

Â