Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

The good news if you prefer a textured lion is that trademarking it means there's likely to still be flexibility in the manufacturing schedules for change (or we're spending a fortune throwing loads of one manufactured shirt crests in the bin to replace them with a new one) - whichever, if you prefer this one, then the fact they've trademarked it suggests you'll get this one.

5 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

5 variations

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

If the blue and yellow is to be kept it looks fine. They should mack off the 1874 though. It's so pointless and definitely unbalances things!

• Like 1

It's better than the first effort, but it's still too much going on. Club name, lion, year and star, within a crest. But I think we are all at a stage now of just adopt the bloody thing and stop faffing about. They won't do the textured one as surely that will cost more money to manufacture.

Edited by The Fun Factory

The detailed lion is good but the monochrome version is the best of those options, which proves the point - as if it was necessary - that the colour scheme of gold on baby blue is simply atrocious and, in fact, the worst part about the current badge that most needed changing.

Heck/10 WNB

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

It's better than the first effort, but it's still too much going on. Club name, lion, year and star, within a crest. But I think we are all at a stage now of just adopt the bloody thing and stop faffing about. They won't do the textured one as surely that will cost more money to manufacture.

We've already used the textured lion on our kit badges for a number of years (at last two seasons prior to the Purslow rebrand). 

As for too much going on, comapre it to Man Uniteds, Man City's, Liverpool's, Chelsea's, Everton's, Newcastle's... they've all got more going on.

However,  we will have the option to use just the lion (as Liverpool do with their bird), for situations when less is more.

It's not the disaster it could have been  its still yellow on blue, but it's definitely another slight improvement on what we had before Purslow. Not sure it's an improvement on the circle, but at least the lion is facing the right way.

• Like 1

I don't really get the new trademark: it doesn't solve any of the many issues going on with the first iteration, bar the comically poor drop shadow (which they didn't have to replace the lion to fix?). And now with the new lion, putting this badge digitally at a smaller size... judge for yourself. The contrast and colouring is horrific: the last one is somehow better on this regard, imo!

image.png.5f9af8e40bcaa3869f167dae03849b72.png

I hope that the trademark's to cover the physical, more detailed lion that'll probably be on the kits (and I don't get why they'd need to do that at all) as opposed to the actual design that'll also be digital, because.. eep.

Edited by wishywashy
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Just now, ender4 said:

Well, it's improving slightly. 

Lerner's badge - 1/10

Purslow's voted badge - 7/10

Heck's badge - 2/10

Heck's forced v2 badge - 4/10

I'd go v2 badge at a 5 or 6, but definitely feel this post.

5 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Well, it's improving slightly. 

Lerner's badge - 1/10

Purslow's voted badge - 7/10

Heck's badge - 2/10

Heck's forced v2 badge - 4/10

Agree with all of those ratings

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

I don't really get the new trademark: it doesn't solve any of the many issues going on with the first iteration, bar the comically poor drop shadow (which they didn't have to replace the lion to fix?). And now with the new lion, putting this badge digitally at a smaller size... judge for yourself. The contrast and colouring is horrific: the last one is somehow better on this regard, imo!

I hope that the trademark's to cover the physical, more detailed lion that'll probably be on the kits (and I don't get why they'd need to do that at all) as opposed to the actual design that'll also be digital, because.. eep.

Just make it a claret lion and it is immediately 'Aston Villa'.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, wishywashy said:

I don't really get the new trademark: it doesn't solve any of the many issues going on with the first iteration, bar the comically poor drop shadow (which they didn't have to replace the lion to fix?). And now with the new lion, putting this badge digitally at a smaller size... judge for yourself. The contrast and colouring is horrific, imo,

Not really any worse than anything else on there at that size/ resolution. And only because its not familiar to us. In time it will probably be fine.

But i don't want "fine". I thought Heck wanted us to stand out, which was why he went on this vanity trip. I guess not. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â