Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

8 hours ago, Spoony said:

I like this Balaban fella’s redesign but I don’t see how this can be a “leak” tbh. Why wouldn’t we trademark what we are going to have but instead some random mock up? I don’t buy this recycling an old lion stuff either. It really isn’t hard to register a trademark - why wouldn’t they register what the badge is going to be?

As someone mentioned as well, the lion is far too detailed. I’m not sure there’s a single badge you could find with that level of intricate detail, and for good reason (scaling, digital use and other reproduction). 
 I suspect this guy has successfully led everyone on. 

I think the intention was to use what they trademarked. But the club could not have failed to see the backlash against that badge. They’re not idiots. 

So I think it’s entirely possible that they’ve tweaked it at the last minute to appease the fans. And using a lion design they’ve already trademarked seems a quick way to do that

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, JPAngel said:

I've seen this mentioned a lot so I figured I'd mock it up. Thoughts?

image.thumb.png.3fff7aac5f66c09c2add97bfa82c2a83.png

Looks alright but I'd like to see us a couple of places higher.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

One thing in the back of my mind is that a lot of the reasoning for Lerner's original badge and not including detail within the lion was to make it reasonably cost effective to produce on the shirts, it was (allegedly) in part to keep Nike happy.

Will be interesting to see how Adidas approach this, either the technology has changed as was posted with some of the gold designs a few days ago (but mostly focused on National teams / limited edition shirts)... Or I wonder whether we'll see another bump in cost of fan shirts in order to execute the badge as hoped.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Still too much blue for me but the gold and claret lion makes it very difficult to swap things around. It's not a total embarrassment anymore at least, if real.

Would much prefer something like this, ignoring, if one can, my fudged, bucket-fill detailing on the lion:

new-Lion-Badge-New-Colours2.png

• Like 3

11 hours ago, JPAngel said:

I've seen this mentioned a lot so I figured I'd mock it up. Thoughts?

image.thumb.png.3fff7aac5f66c09c2add97bfa82c2a83.png

All that shows to me is we need to stop bloody changing it. I recognise all the badges on there at that size, not because they scale down well, but because they haven't changed every few years. 

I assume for the same reason mentioned above, but scaled down I can't see what ours is meant to be. Lack of familiarity possibly, but it doesn't scale down well. 

5 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

All that shows to me is we need to stop bloody changing it. I recognise all the badges on there at that size, not because they scale down well, but because they haven't changed every few years. 

I assume for the same reason mentioned above, but scaled down I can't see what ours is meant to be. Lack of familiarity possibly, but it doesn't scale down well. 

To be fair how many of them actually do? Only Wolves' badge is identifiable as involving a wolf. If you didn't know the others then they'd all be a much of a muchness.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Rolta said:

To be fair how many of them actually do? Only Wolves' badge is identifiable as involving a wolf. If you didn't know the others then they'd all be a much of a muchness.

That is exactly what my first paragraph said... the others are identifiable because they haven't changed recently.

We could have come up with something that is scalable, but I'm not sure it should be the key driving factor.

Wolves nailed the "visible from all distances", but I wouldn't have wanted us to follow their lead, or even have beaten them to it and gone with an abstract lion before they did the wolf head. Its just not very Villa.

Whatever, I want us to not change it for at least 20 years...

Still waiting for Heck to formally unveil it. I do wonder if this account is a planned leak, to test the reaction after seeing what the trademark submission did. I can only assume something is going on behind the scenes as we're beyond the original time frame they set for the unveiling. 

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, VillaBrum said:

Well, I might be in the minority, but it still identifies as Aston Villa to me. Thanks for the example.

Probably something to do with the"aston villa" text to the right of the logo mate. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I think a way to rectify the " Aston Villa " imbalance problem which is bugging some (Not exactly centered), would be to make the star a little bit smaller, and put it in between Aston and Villa at the bottom.

That would also clean up the top, leaving only the lion and focus the text and additional features at bottom.

Who was that Leeds fan who pranked an entire fanbase with the Grealish staying prank a few years ago? CJ-something

This will be a bigger prank than that if it's not real. 

Edited by villarule123

2 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

I guess you're advocating for the thoroughly underwhelming current round badge again?

Nope, I know that is dead and buried, I want a good claret and blue badge and sticking a detailed lion on a shitty design doesn’t improve the trademarked one much.  

People are just badge process weary and anything remotely better than that shit one people are willing to accept but not me.

• Like 2

Â