Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

11 hours ago, est1874 said:

So, remind me. Because the yo-yo'ing is hard to keep up with.

Do we hate it? Do we not mind it? Are we protesting? Are we cheering?

(We know what Nick thinks. No need to reiterate.)

We don’t like the yellow lion with drop shadow. We like it if the badge is a tile with a gold lion that’s cemented onto our shirts.

Hope that helps. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JoshVilla said:

If there's no drop shadow and the lion is detailed/textured, then it's definitely an improvement.

I still can't understand why there's so little claret in that badge, considering claret & blue are our main colours.

It bugs me a little too, but as long as it's executed well rather than the pale yellow on pale blue mess, it's not the end of the world.

After all, Man United are one of the most successful brands and recognisable clubs on the planet and nobody is getting confused thinking they play in red and yellow.

Edited by Davkaus

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

That badge looks so cheap and nasty like that.  I don’t mind the general idea but that just looks cheap.

Have to agree, from a distance its a blurry mess 

Curious to know who " Balabans Boot cleaner " is now.

He says he's been a designer for 20 years etc. 

How is he getting info... wonder if he's connected to the process? 🤔

If it's that gold crest, I assume by application it will be some sort of rubber adhesive etc.

If the digital version is the more detailed one as well it will actually be ok.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If it's that good crest, I assume by application it will be some sort of rubber adhesive etc.

More why he won't show it all just random angles!

15 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If it's that good crest, I assume by application it will be some sort of rubber adhesive etc.

Likely AI generated I assume.  I’m still not convinced it’s the club version.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I'm slightly unconvinced this guy is getting real leaks and isn't just rendering it himself in some way, it does look professionally done, but if he's been doing it for 20 years he probably has the skillset.

Or, his agency is the one that was tapped up to do the design.

We'll see, either way, the detailed lion is better in the design, but I'm not convinced the rest of it works still, and the Detailed Lion wouldn't work in many applications, the Digital crest is the one we'd see most often, and the current version of that is crap

• Like 1

The colours look great together on that imo. 

Nice deep claret and the blue feels less washed out than previously. Although, that may just be the claret doing the work there.)

The gold lion with added detail is a really nice touch...but I'm interested in how that would replicate on the cheaper training wear and leisurewear. 

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Likely AI generated I assume.  I’m still not convinced it’s the club version.

You don't understand AI generation at all if you believe that image on Twitter was AI generated.

• Like 3

All that detail on the lion is nice and everything, but you aren't going to see it at any more than a few metres away, at which point it'll probably still look like a yellowish smudge in a light blue background. Close up it looks smart though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

His previous posts were mocking fans that were upset about the consultation process, so he does not seem to be some neutral observer. 

The badge certainly looks much better than what was initially leaked, but as others have said - not sure if it will have a similar appearance on social media, etc. 

• Like 1

Â