Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

I maybe wrong but is that stand alone lion and writing harder and more expensive to embroider onto clothing.

I am sure we had to move prepared into the stripey shield years ago on advice from some guru.

The new round badge is looks better everytime we win.   I will accept though from a distance Villa and Chelsea badges can be mistaken.  

There’s a pub in Rotherham that seems to be experimenting with the Villa crest. They’ve gone for the shield, put the lion back the right way and kept the star. Loving the addition of “Ales and Sport” too, a nod to the famous ‘Villa, Stella, Balti’, perhaps? 

IMG_8774.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

Potential leak shared in the reply, linking up with what he's said there. I still don't love the star, but great result if this is accurate.

I'm pretty sure that's just the badge we have already, without the circle around it (which is something they do already on some stuff): don't think that'll be the new one. Does emphasise how badly shoved in there the star is.

Edited by wishywashy
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, villa82 said:

Skjermbilde 2023–10–28 kl. 15.12.52.png

I actually don't like this very much -- the way the text curves over the top feels like he has an umbrella. But rebalance it so the lion is the biggest feature and you're on to a winner.

• Like 2

I don't think it needs Football Club adding to be honest. We're a world famous football club. Aston Villa is all that needs to be said.
I'm not sure a lion on its own (juggling a shuriken) is the way to go, but I don't hate it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villan95 said:

I'd be interested to see how it would look with "football club" curving around the bottom creating a circle effect.

Literally just thought the same thing before reading your comment, would be good for the symmetry.

• Like 1

Sorry but that 'leak' whether true or not looks awful.

The font looks even worse outside of the bounds of the crest, and 1874 looks so pointless there just sat at the bottom, like who gives a **** tbh? The date becomes significant for next year because it's the 150th anniversary, and then won't matter again for another 50 years.

Can we please stop emphasizing the past one way or the other in every single badge we have?

Can we just get a not-shit lion with ASTON above and VILLA below in a not-shit font face please?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AvonVillain said:

Can any of the graphic designers here answer this question: our current HEX CODE protocol for the official claret is #670E36, does anybody know what it was in 1982?

I'd be surprised if there was an official hex code back then, mainly because hex codes are a digital format for use on screens, though there may have been a CMYK colour for printed stuff. I believe for clothing/fashion they use a different colour format, and  @NurembergVillanhas mentioned before it can be difficult to get some colours to match up with the digital/print colours as it depends on the ink, material, and other factors.

You could try and take a hex colour from an image using a colour picker, however, the accuracy depends on how accurate the colours are in the image, again there can be a lot of factors at play in terms of lighting, if the image has been edited etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â