F: Lazio (h - Bescot): Thurs Aug 3 19.30

ender4

On 29/07/2023 at 00:45, Creeper said:

Could only get tickets in the away end. I best brush up on my italian. 

Reminds me of a funny story. I went to the ticket office with my villa shirt on God like nearly 15 years ago, said to the guy '5 tickets for the Inter Milan game please'. I don't know if he was taking the piss or whatever but he sold me 5 in the away end. Got there all in Villa shirts with a load of Inter fans chanting. Luckily the steward had some tickets on them and we got reseated.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Reminds me of a funny story. I went to the ticket office with my villa shirt on God like nearly 15 years ago, said to the guy '5 tickets for the Inter Milan game please'. I don't know if he was taking the piss or whatever but he sold me 5 in the away end. Got there all in Villa shirts with a load of Inter fans chanting. Luckily the steward had some tickets on them and we got reseated.

I remember that game - Craig Gardner decided to go straight through the back of Luis Figo for reasons only he seemed to know. 

11 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I remember that game - Craig Gardner decided to go straight through the back of Luis Figo for reasons only he seemed to know. 

Probably to show them how they do it 'down the road'.

I remember it was a great result we won 3-0 i think

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Probably to show them how they do it 'down the road'.

I remember it was a great result we won 3-0 i think

I couldn't possibly tell you the score but I remember being there 😅

EDIT - the whole game is on YT for some reason! You were right with the score too:

Edited by lexicon
  • Like 1

On 31/07/2023 at 13:12, lexicon said:

EDIT - the whole game is on YT for some reason! You were right with the score too:

Man, we were really playing some kick and rush football back then huh :lol: 

This seems like such a fascinating game -- I can't imagine ever getting to see Lazio in person. I confess, I feel really envious of you all being able to. Wow. Not that Villa aren't just as "big," but Lazio, wow wow wow.  I'm very aware of the club's controversial history, and I do keep that in mind. It seems like some of the worst of that has faded a bit, the fascist associations? I don't keep that close an eye on Serie A, but Lazio did so well last year, and, I don't know, it just feels like kind of an honour to be paired with them for a friendly -- not that we're not worthy. What a cool moment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marka Ragnos said:

This seems like such a fascinating game -- I can't imagine ever getting to see Lazio in person. I confess, I feel really envious of you all being able to. Wow. Not that Villa aren't just as "big," but Lazio, wow wow wow.  I'm very aware of the club's controversial history, and I do keep that in mind. It seems like some of the worst of that has faded a bit, the fascist associations? I don't keep that close an eye on Serie A, but Lazio did so well last year, and, I don't know, it just feels like kind of an honour to be paired with them for a friendly -- not that we're not worthy. What a cool moment.

On top of all that it’s at the Bescot!

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, Kingman said:

Any decent grub pubs nearby before kick off? 

Just eat in birmingham. Train from New Street goes straight to Bescot. You just have to walk over a bridge to get to the stadium. Train takes 20 mins

On 31/07/2023 at 19:12, lexicon said:

id guess everyone remembers the inter physio more than they remember the score

figo and ibrahimovic on the pitch that day, could be one of those where you saw them but you didnt realise (although im sure figo also played at VP in a portugal friendly vs holland)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

This is going to be an interesting game. I think we will see a more settled side than 2 different sides 

This be a good test

Possibly yes however with another game on Sat I guess this is to get the players used to playing twice a week.

Lazio and Valencia home and away is like a practice ECL.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Possibly yes however with another game on Sat I guess this is to get the players used to playing twice a week.

Lazio and Valencia home and away is like a practice ECL.

Good point ZZ

Â