Monchi - President of Football Operations

duke313

4 minutes ago, Niall said:

Monchi has paid his own release clause according to this.

I think thats a prerequisite of anyone buying out a contarct over there.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Niall said:

Monchi has paid his own release clause according to this.

I believe that's the case in Spanish football regardless: Emery was the one who paid his own release clause, for example. This will be subsidised by the club.

My impression from dodgy Google Translated articles is that there has been a 600k fee put on top of the 2.5m release clause for Sevilla to waive the 3-month waiting period. We've given Monchi that extra money and in turn this will be accounted for in his contract.

• Like 1

Apparently Monchi has to pay his own release clause! That's bananas if true. Let's spend the next 10 pages discussing how Spanish release clauses work over and over again.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I cannot believe that some of us are bored about waiting for Monchi to sign! I've had my fingers crossed since I first realised there was a chance that he'd join Emery at our club. If it happens (as I believe it will) I will be opening my whisky cabinet and celebrating, but in the meantime I'm going to enjoy the excitement of anticipating top class people (world class?) coming to us.  It's amazing how far we've come in the last five years. NSWE, EMERY, MONCHI .... This will be the best AVFC set up that I have ever seen in my seven decades of supporting the mighty Villa!

Why the excitment? Genuine question as isn't he our third choice for this position. I'm not saying it's a bad appointment because in all honesty I don't follow the career of these type of people (and if you are all honest you don't either :) )

• Like 2

Â