Europa Conference Final/Champions League Final

andykeenan

Just now, fightoffyour said:

How can you give a 90% chance of goal for a guy just running and the ball bouncing unfortunately ? Tournaments being decided on that? Farcical.

Agreed, they need to overhaul the rule. Some kind of indirect free kick or something for incidents like that.

• Like 1

I hate the handball rule tbf, if it's not 100% intentional it shouldn't be given. But that crappy rule exists.

How ferociously the game is played, as if players can worry where their hands are when desperately defending/trying to block shots.

• Like 1

Just now, fightoffyour said:

How can you give a 90% chance of goal for a guy just running and the ball bouncing unfortunately ? Tournaments being decided on that? Farcical.

I think there’s a genuine problem with tournaments being decided in this way, but in terms of the pen I am surprised so many think it’s not a pen. He pushes the ball out of the way of the West Ham player with his hand. The MU one at the weekend touched Grealish’s fingers and didn’t even change direction.

• Like 1

Just now, Genie said:

I think there’s a genuine problem with tournaments being decided in this way, but in terms of the pen I am surprised so many think it’s not a pen. He pushes the ball out of the way of the West Ham player with his hand. The MU one at the weekend touched Grealish’s fingers and didn’t even change direction.

Point is he probably didn't mean to do it. That's the issue. He's desperately trying to get goal side of Bowen.

• Like 1

Just now, Tom13 said:

I hate the handball rule tbf, if it's not 100% intentional it shouldn't be given. But that crappy rule exists.

How ferociously the game is played, as if players can worry where their hands are when desperately defending/trying to block shots.

It parallels the armpit offsides. Reducing split second moments to decontextualised abstractions. He's just running to get ahead of the attacker, he's not intentionally trying to handball it. By applying vague lettering of the law it goes entirely against the spirit of the game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â