Europa Conference Final/Champions League Final

andykeenan

Just now, villarule123 said:

I and many others were begging to sign him that summer. We probably wouldn't have an issue at RW now if we did! 

My main hunch is DS would've just played him as a CF given our issues in that position until we signed Ollie so not sure he'd have been as effective for us as generally he has for West Ham but he seemed an obvious attacker to go for once we got promoted.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

If I was him I'd honestly bow out now. Been under pressure all season and that will continue if he's still bottom half going into November-December but trophy winning managers are always in demand so his stock will remain high.

And they will be. They got. To the Europa semis and conference league in the summer and there was talk then of the board looking to change him and then didn't back him. It'll be the same again, the fans dont like him. 

You're definitely right, he should take the Celtic job and enjoy success at his boyhood club and won stuff and feel loved.

9 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

So will we if we win this in a year's time.

West Ham won three trophies in their entire existence before tonight (think we've won four major trophies since they won the FA cup in 1980) so can't begrudge the fans this moment.

No it shows this competition means something. 

11 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

What the hell was Italiano doing putting that CB on, couldn't keep up with Bowen at all. Surely you wait until extra time before making the change at the back?

West Ham are what they are. Uninspiring low block and drilled team that win games on moments and set pieces.

Back in europa league next season so that should stop them rising up the premier league too much.

If I was Moyes I'd actually bow out on this moment as he'll be under pressure middle of next season if West Ham are bottom half.

IMG_6762.webp

5 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

It's barely a trophy though.

It's a ticket into Europa League, that's how I look at it.

It's "barely a trophy" in the way that an hors d'oeuvre of crab cakes with mango-avocado relish is barely a dinner. Yes, it's not enough -- but it's enough to excite the appetite more much more, no? 

crab-cakes-recipe-1676398679.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tegis said:

Genuine happiness from fans and players, as it should be. There are other serial-winners with their cup-shrugs that can **** right off.

That said, **** em still :D

Love that. Congrats and **** off in a single post ... 

1 minute ago, Marka Ragnos said:

It's "barely a trophy" in the way that an hors d'oeuvre of crab cakes with mango-avocado relish is barely a dinner. Yes, it's not enough -- but it's enough to excite the appetite more much more, no? 

crab-cakes-recipe-1676398679.jpg

Does that come with brown sauce?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Good thing you're not a female journalist.

Have you met the man? If not shut th f**k up as he was great with my other half I was with at the time when time he met us. But sure believe the media.

Edited by stewiek2

1 minute ago, Mr_Dogg said:

@Marka Ragnos Do you have an answer? I'm genuinely confused.

So sorry,  I thought you were joking -- and that would have been funny. But ... fans of The Purple allegedly attacked West Ham fans in Prague earlier today, and detainments ensued. 

Czech police have detained 16 people after West Ham fans were attacked by Fiorentina supporters before the Europa Conference League final in Prague.

Three people were injured in a bar in Rytirska Street, with police confirming an officer had also been attacked during the incident.

One West Ham fan, who did not want to be named, told PA News his friend was "quite badly" hurt with a "massive cut" on his head.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

Prague: best choice of city for a massive party. Rotterdam was a bit meh! 

Athens next year will be even more special. We'll be there celebrating,😉💜💙

• Like 1

Â