Pau Torres

Delphinho123

8 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Not quite to the level of Clark & Baker though.

Torres is basically what Clark was originally hyped up to be.

31 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Those two actually had a few decent games for us, as well as some mediocre games. However, if we’re talking chuckle brothers then the Richards Lescott pairing takes some beating. 

True but in terms of technical ability they were both dire. I know the game has moved on a lot since then but even back then they were very poor with the ball for top-level CBs.

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

Torres is basically what Clark was originally hyped up to be.

True but in terms of technical ability they were both dire. I know the game has moved on a lot since then but even back then they were very poor with the ball for top-level CBs.

To this day, I still can't get the Baker foul on Suarez, that resulted in them getting a penalty, out of my head. You wouldn't have expected that on a park pitch. 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

It's like Richards and lescott didn't exist 

Who? I was in a Villa Coma from about October '15 until the 1st season in the Champo. 

The only thing I can remember is the Villa admin putting out a video around Christmas of the English speaking players giving Gabby a French dictionary. The way they all fell about laughing was embarrassing. The club was rotten all the way through at that point.

• Like 1

Torres is a ridiculous upgrade on Diego Carlos. Would prefer him next to Konsa or Mings, but looked decent with Lenglet.

I think we’re very fortunate with our build up play that he’s come back just as Kamara has got injured.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

To this day, I still can't get the Baker foul on Suarez, that resulted in them getting a penalty, out of my head. You wouldn't have expected that on a park pitch. 

Which tackle was that?

5 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

It wasn't a tackle, it was a reckless foul that cost us the game at Villa Park. Benteke had put us a goal up but we ended up losing 2 - 1.

Easter Sunday 2013.  They scored two quick goals iirc

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

We have has some superb centre  - halves. Torres has that Bobby Moore calmness about him. Anticipates a lot of what's coming his way and that is an attribute that only the very best have. 

Moore, Beckenbauer, Pau.

Â