Pau Torres

Delphinho123

3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Because their winger walked around him (not for the only time) and crossed for their goal. Fairly simple.

Yes Doug did lose the ball. It was very poor from him. Poor from Pai as well. Not every goal is one person's fault.

'Their winger' happens to be amongst the 2 or 3 quickest players in the Prem who will be at City/Real/Arsenal/Bayern/Liverpool next season. 

Not like he got done by James Milner.

• Like 1

No harm in getting beat by Neto, he'll beat players for fun, however the one when he beat him for the Kaladzjic shot (terrible effort) was really lazy. Was as though he didn't even try and stand him up.

Quality player still.

I like Pau Torres even more after seeing and hearing his interview...

Seems a bit of a leader by all accounts, Unai likes him, he's keen to learn and improve too.

Not easy to come out and talk as he's obviously still learning the language but yet he speaks so well; seems an intelligent fellow.

Now I'm even more confident he will become a great player for Villa.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I think luiz made the fatal large error and put the rest of the defence in trouble. A totally avoidable goal in my opinion if luiz just doesnt piss around with the ball

It was Luiz's mistake in the first place, but then you need the other players in the team not to compound it. Torres got done good and proper, like he has a fair few times now. I thought last week was his best game for us, and this week one of his poorest, as his long passing, usually his strength, was awful. To be fair to him, just about everybody's form goes really patchy away from home, not just Pau's, but I wish they'd cut it out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Risso said:

It was Luiz's mistake in the first place, but then you need the other players in the team not to compound it. Torres got done good and proper, like he has a fair few times now. I thought last week was his best game for us, and this week one of his poorest, as his long passing, usually his strength, was awful. To be fair to him, just about everybody's form goes really patchy away from home, not just Pau's, but I wish they'd cut it out.

i dont really blame Torres, he got beat for pace but we had 3 other defenders in the box marking the Wolves attacker. We should have more than enough to clean it up.

On 09/10/2023 at 17:16, cheltenham_villa said:

i dont really blame Torres, he got beat for pace but we had 3 other defenders in the box marking the Wolves attacker. We should have more than enough to clean it up.

Agree with this. Neto is quick and will beat a lot of full backs, so it's odds on he is going to beat a centre back. It's just one of them things.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2023 at 03:48, Pinebro said:

Mistake was his positioning not his lack of pace

Don't forget what Maldini's famous words.

If you are having to make a tackle you have already made a mistake.

Agree with the principle but it was a slightly different situation for Maldini in most games in that dominant Milan team! There’s a different skill/need depending on your level I guess. McGrath though proves the same thing works in a Villa side. 

Cameras picked him up coming out of the tunnel at half time last night talking to one of the other Spanish substitutes. One of them clearly said "Aston Villa" but my knowledge of Spanish doesn't extend beyond "2 pints of San Miguel por favor" so I couldn't make out the rest 

36 minutes ago, dubliner said:

Cameras picked him up coming out of the tunnel at half time last night talking to one of the other Spanish substitutes. One of them clearly said "Aston Villa" but my knowledge of Spanish doesn't extend beyond "2 pints of San Miguel por favor" so I couldn't make out the rest 

"Do they all have backsides like him at Aston Villa?"

• Haha 4

Â