Pau Torres

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, DeepDish said:

The good ting is that it is actually quite easy to learn to not take risk. I would say that Mings learned this the hard way after some crazy risk taking which ended with goal agains us a couple of years ago.

I hope so. Some of the play today was suicide. He needs to keep it simple and go back ti basics at times otherwise he going to make alot of errors like today

I actually think Unai wants them to continue playing that way. The execution was bad but philosophically, Unai will demand them to continue playing out from the press. 

Pau made mistakes but our inability to escape our third into the middle third and quickly into the final third highlighted his errors. 

Edited by DJBOB

Didn’t have a great game, but the whole back 4 was left massively exposed today. We are missing Ramsey and Buendia who set the tone on the press, which McGinn then follows. Hopefully when Ramsey returns, he will be able to drag the others with him. 

Definitely not the best of games.

I still feel there is a really good.player there.

Not much of a preseason...new.country...high expectations.

I think for the first goal leading from the corner...it.was a bad touch but having seen it on the TV....neither luiz or kamara show for him which ultimately led to his mistake.

4 hours ago, FLVillan said:

The attempted dribble out would have worked against 75% of teams, but surely he was aware of how well the Dippers press and defend from the front? 

I saw him do this trick of cutting back onto his right foot a lot in the videos I saw before we signed him. Even I thought he'd be pushing his luck with that in the PL. I have absolutely no doubt the Liverpool forwards were totally expecting it.

• Like 1

Don't care too much of the mistakes against Liverpool when building from the back, he clearly has quality to do it and was forced to carry the ball yesterday, as the whole team was slow in movement and lacking initiative. 

But dear oh dear, I don't know how, but he needs to improve his acceleration on the turn. One of the slowest defenders in prem, reminds me of Björn Engels. Opponents will target him and our high line. Maybe Diego could provide him some gym sessions to bulk up some muscle. 

His passing yesterday was bad but I also don't think he was helped by our midfield structure. We were a complete mess and there's usually more options for him to move the ball into than there was yesterday. 

Not quite sure if it was cos Liverpool were just very good or we were just very bad. But definitely room for improvement. Think it just comes down to coaching and luckily we have a good coach. 

8 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

His passing yesterday was bad but I also don't think he was helped by our midfield structure. We were a complete mess and there's usually more options for him to move the ball into than there was yesterday. 

Not quite sure if it was cos Liverpool were just very good or we were just very bad. But definitely room for improvement. Think it just comes down to coaching and luckily we have a good coach. 

the front line didn't chase and put Liverpool under pressure , the midfield kinda sat back and invited it  .. i guess that was the game plan  .. but put simply it didn't work

as a result McGinn, Watkins , Torres , Kamara all kinda had shockers  .. and a few others were barely much better 

Maybe as much as Emery does his homework on teams , other managers then do their homework on us and know how we are going to setup  , Klopp isn't a Moyes style lets juts kick them off the ball and hoof it , the lack of press from the front let TAA roam the park at will picking passes and then their front lines pace did the rest ...just be grateful they had Darwin up top and not a quality finisher like an Owen 

Edited by tonyh29

Let’s not write him off so quickly… we can’t overlook the setbacks and rotten luck. He was supposed to be eased in and be given time to adapt. Injuries have heavily disrupted our plans…

Unai is a huge fan and we’re talking about a guy who led his team to the EL trophy and has competed against the best in the CL and La Liga… he will get better and be very important for us…

spacer.png

Edited by Jas10

Â