Pau Torres

Delphinho123

3 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Watching Pau rampage into the final third while Unai sat passively by suggests this is whats intended, and maybe why Konza was at RB in order to deputise while he roams in a more advanced role, and man mountain Carlos holds the back line?

Carrying  and passing the ball into the final third is his strengths so I imagine so.

33 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Pretty steady display against Fulham...

Won three headers too which was often a point made that he bad in the air.

Still not sure if he starts that first game though?

Assuming Konsa is fit I’d start Konsa and Mings. They were brilliant in the run in last season. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Looking good 👍 

Thought he was too easily beaten for second goal tbh, very square although of course no one expected the Brentford lad to curl it top corner from that position.

Some nice passes though which is one of the reasons we signed him and he'll be regular CB soon enough.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Not going to judge a CB at how he performs at fullback.

the other thing being that if we are going to go with cash bombing forward and 3 CBs in there then mings and carlos can both be that left sided CB / fullback too and then the expectation that when he's fit we'll go with moreno there as our starter and we have digne as poper LB cover anyway

good to take a look at our options because we have a lot of them

Just now, villa4europe said:

the other thing being that if we are going to go with cash bombing forward and 3 CBs in there then mings and carlos can both be that left sided CB / fullback too and then the expectation that when he's fit we'll go with moreno there as our starter and we have digne as poper LB cover anyway

good to take a look at our options because we have a lot of them

Screw that.

Play Moreno and Cash and tell them both to bomb forward.

Attack is the best defence I say

1 hour ago, Khizzy said:

Couldn't quite tell but I don't know if he got caught out for the first goal before Konsa gave away the pen. He's definitely not a LB, don't want to see him played there again. 

Funny how some see the game differently, he seemed to be playing left sided centre back from my perspective 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Its only a friendly but Brentford exposed everything i was worried about today. Outmuscled and outpaced on more than onea occasion Mings cleaned up his mess

Very harsh. Played out of position and he did ok against a tough attacking side

I notice these some of you say he plays left back which in my opinion and I think the experiment was 3 centre half (3-4-2-1) from the start.

more like this

----------Konsa-----Mings-----Torres-------
Cash---------Luiz--------Kamara-------McGinn <JPB>
------------------Diaby-------JPB<MGinn>-----------
--------------------------Watkins-------------------------

Water break I think they switch around JPB and McGinn.

I think we should give Dignes a LWB role; from the beginning of the play it might offer a better choice.

To be honest I like this formation but the high line is dangerous for exploiting our wide if one of our wide too far, also speard 3 centre half so take 1 or 2 take in between gap to running through will more dangerous which the reason konsa foul pen first place. 

second goal - beautiful goal be fair; the problem is one side was go attack left no cover and win ball and to pass that how plenty area and torres try to stop but he is bit gap which should left back to mark and centre midfield to support.

that is why I am a fan of 4 backlines general playing on the safe side; whereas the attack phase 3 centre half is more sense to extra man in midfield and attack wide.

4 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Good thing he didn’t play there then

Well he did. In defence he was the left of a back four and slid across to a back three with cash pushing up when in possession.

• Like 1

Â