Pau Torres

Delphinho123

58 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Cheers. Was never against Torres signing but not for 55 million and wonder how he'll fit as wouldn't drop Mings and Konsa week 1

The fee is an astute piece of business.

but we need to progress as a fanbase too, away from being "Dropped" to "Rotated".....Our players are expensive assets, we need to nurture their health and a potential 50 games a season requires a squad, not just a team.

We have an astute manager, who quite apart from the challenges of fitness, will know what choices to make, tactically, in facing diverse opposition.

We are progressing to a level of the game, where this is necessary, there won't be any guarantee's of a shirt, it will be on merit.......we wasn't able to do that in the past.

Pau Torres will be one of the players to change the game for us.....this is on the road to becoming elite.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

I understand the fears that some fans have of transfers being gazumped at the last minute.....However negotiations are usually conducted in a discreet fashion.

If a fee has been disclosed, it would suggest to me, that the transfer has gone too far down the line to be gazumped.

Unless, I am very naive.......no one would allow that to be disclosed and jeopardise a deal, unless its a foregone conclusion.

I think the Pau Torres deal is Done, bar the usual details, being finalised.

• Like 2

He’s still a tap-in merchant. However, I will add that Pau and Romano mutually follow on Instagram. Given how much he’s tweeted about the deal in the last 48 hours leads me to suspect the news is from Pau’s camp. I consider that a done deal. 

2 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

There will be no gazumption. The Villa is not for Gazumping. It is a time of zero gazumpment.

Pau Torres, From Villareal to the real Villa. Its happening.

Your strong and clear anti-gazumption message has moved me, and I feel calm and harmonic again. Tip of the hat, sir.

• Like 1

Am I correct in thinking that all the paperwork could be completed and signed subject to him passing a medical? 

In that case, even if the medical isn't booked in for another couple weeks, he’s contractually a Villa player, and no one else could nick him off us. 

6 hours ago, nick76 said:

Yeah I know this is true because I heard last night PSG Ultras chanting “stewiek2 get out of our club”, first they did it to Neymar, then Messi and now one of our own, stewiek2…

Sorry I couldn't understand a word of that chant. I don't speak that damn froggy lingo 🤣

8 minutes ago, Jono62 said:

Oh great think he misunderstood when his new wife said she wanted a villa.

She said she wants to move to a city famous for canals. She was thinking Venice, he thought Birmingham.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

She said she wants to move to a city famous for canals. She was thinking Venice, he thought Birmingham.

She's a big fan of Selfridges sushi bar by all accounts and loves HMV's vinyl selection.

Edited by stewiek2

4 hours ago, Woody1000 said:

I’m the same. Until it’s signed then there is no guarantee…

After the Unsworth fiasco, I always wait at least 4 days before I stop worrying something will go wrong.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â