Pau Torres

Delphinho123

2 minutes ago, chrisvilla4 said:

Could Pau be our Robinho (albeit on a smaller, less cheaty, scale) 

Very exciting! 

Pretty much in my opinion. Defenders are not exactly exciting signings in comparison to an attacking player through the eyes of your casual fan, but Pau is a top player. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MaVilla said:

its interesting that there are many 2 x right footed central defensive pairings out there, but when people talk about two left footed central defensive pairings, it seems to generate more issues/concerns for some reason.

Probably because two right footed pairings are "normal", where as 2 left footed pairings are "abnormal", leading to a bias in perception around how well it would work.

Im left handed, so tbh, i call left footed bigotry dating back to the time when left handed ppl used to be burnt for being witches, or sacrificed for being a spawn of the devil........ (joke btw, before someone loses their mind).

on a serious note, i do think part of it is two right footers is more common/normal, where 2 left footed isnt, so perceived to be stranger, or less acceptable in some way.

I’d guess the reason people are concerned over 2 left footed players at cb, is the likelihood that one of them will never have played on the right side before. At youth level, it can very rare that you have a left footed cb, so 1 of the right footed ones will have to play on the left, and thus gain experience playing there. Whereas the likelihood of 2 left footed is low, meaning that if they were left footed, they would always play on the left and have no experience on the right.
Personally it doesn’t matter to me, because if you are good enough you can learn both sides.

Edited by mikeyp102
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I’d guess the reason people are concerned over 2 left footed players at cb, is the likelihood that one of them will never have played on the right side before. At youth level, it can very rare that you have a left footed cb, so 1 of the right footed ones will have to play on the left, and this gain experience playing there. Whereas the likelihood of 2 left footed is low, meaning that if they were left footed, they would always play on the left and have no experience on the right.
Personally it doesn’t matter to me, because if you are good enough you can learn both sides.

Never thought of it like that.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, juanpabloangel18 said:

FM23 max potential ratings:

• Mings - 71
  • Konsa - 73
  • Carlos - 77
  • Pau - 84

2 things.

1) the ability ratings and potential ability ratings are 3 digits with a max of 200...are you in actually talking about FIFA23, not FM?

2) pretty sure every game you load the ability and potential are randomly generated between a range of 2 figures so that no 2 saves are exactly the same (this one i'm not 100% on i just read it somewhere)

Just now, tomav84 said:

2 things.

1) the ability ratings and potential ability ratings are 3 digits with a max of 200...are you in actually talking about FIFA23, not FM?

2) pretty sure every game you load the ability and potential are randomly generated between a range of 2 figures so that no 2 saves are exactly the same (this one i'm not 100% on i just read it somewhere)

Nah I was talking about FM, which I think it's fair to say - a lot more accurate for player ability? Pinch of salt required still obviously but professional clubs definitely use it.

Potential numbers taken from here:

25 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

Pau has very low aerial % for such a big guy! Seems strange! 

Forget that.

I'm more worried that all three of them are apparently rubbish at Def Actions. 

Whatever that actually is.

25 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I’d guess the reason people are concerned over 2 left footed players at cb, is the likelihood that one of them will never have played on the right side before. At youth level, it can very rare that you have a left footed cb, so 1 of the right footed ones will have to play on the left, and thus gain experience playing there. Whereas the likelihood of 2 left footed is low, meaning that if they were left footed, they would always play on the left and have no experience on the right.

I don't think it's rocket science for footballers to be able to apply the same principles but on the other side. I agree with you that I don't think this is a problem.

Â