Pau Torres

Delphinho123

14 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Emery played with Foyth as his RB at Villarreal. I think we're going to see 3CBs and a Fullback as the primary set up. We saw last season Young was not attacking down his flank and the back three were shifting over as Moreno was attacking.

Just think of it as two formations it's easiest to do that.

What position is everyone in when we're defending in our 4 4 2

What position is everyone in when we're in our attack shape of 3 box 3

Moreno for example is in LB in our defence and the is the LF in our attack shape

The RB is the RCB in a back three in our attack shape. Etc..

This is why I don't see us bringing in another right back, if we do use that system that you've highlighted & I agree with you then your not going to use Cash in that system as he wouldn't play in a back 3 as he isn't a centre back unless Emery gets him to learn how to play that system, like you've said I believe this is how we will set up next season & this is why we're trying to bring in another quality centre back, so 3 out the 4 quality centre backs will always play leaves another quality centre back on the bench & you also have Chambers if we have injuries etc. So if cash isn't going to play alot not sure why we would need another actual right back, think there will be games to use cash, could be Merano is injured or still injured & could use Cash as the attacking fullback that means a left sided centre back will play leftback, mirroring how we'd play if Mareno was playing down the left.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Frodo said:

This is why I don't see us bringing in another right back, if we do use that system that you've highlighted & I agree with you then your not going to use Cash in that system as he wouldn't play in a back 3 as he isn't a centre back unless Emery gets him to learn how to play that system, like you've said I believe this is how we will set up next season & this is why we're trying to bring in another quality centre back, so 3 out the 4 quality centre backs will always play leaves another quality centre back on the bench & you also have Chambers if we have injuries etc. So if cash isn't going to play alot not sure why we would need another actual right back, think there will be games to use cash, could be Merano is injured or still injured & could use Cash as the attacking fullback that means a left sided centre back will play leftback, mirroring how we'd play if Mareno was playing down the left.

You final point about Cash I agree with, we will play games with Mings in LB and say Torres, Konsa and Cash. With Cash being the attacking full back. This is so we aren't as predictable with which full back is the attacking one. Cash had a great run of form for 5 games in late Feb and March before he got injured again. I think a full pre season and he'll be very effective when needed.

I also think Kamara or if we sign another CDM like Adams they are flexible enough to play RB and then join midfield as a 6 in possession if we need to. So we might not go for another RB.

Two things however. We've European football so lots more games and under Emery went out of both domestic cups in his first games in them. So our small squad got plenty of rest between games. Also I think Emery wants to use 4/5 subs every game if he as a deep squad. So I expect us to have 8 defenders or 7 and a hybrid player at least

• Like 1

Cash - Mings - Torres - Moreno

Has to be one of the best looking back lines in Premier League history, isn't it?  Imagine all the modeling sponsorships the club could get...

4 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Has to be one of the best looking back lines in Premier League history, isn't it?  Imagine all the modeling sponsorships the club could get...

Konsa ain't a bad looking lad you know.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

True enough, but I can't see Unai changing his system to a back five on that basis alone

If it was based on looks we'd never see McGinn in a Villa shirt ever again 🤣

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, KMitch said:

I had to laugh at this. Back in the sixties when I was a rampant young man, you could get your collar felt by Plod for comments like this.

Edited by villabromsgrove
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, DakotaVilla said:

The problem with cash is that his final ball is typically abysmal. I suspect that he’ll be sold next summer. 

he also struggles to pass the ball, especially under pressure.

3 hours ago, KMitch said:

Two lefties.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

I had to laugh at this. Back in the sixties when I was a rampant young man, you could get your collar felt by Plod for comments like this.

Got a feeling you still can if you say it n he wrong places.

Â