Pau Torres

Delphinho123

Local journos on it now, this is starting to have some weight now... Signing a player of his profile should also have a knock on effect to our other targets, make them slightly easier to get.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Wezbid said:

It could be that there's a lot more of the game played on the ground over there? I'm sure he could be coached to win more headers and Mings could help him along with that. 

Jeez, I don't want us signing a centre half and then have to start teaching him how to head a football! 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Tayls said:

Which is why I don’t think we will be signing him…. We don’t actually need him! Our CB pairing was brilliant last season and we have Diego fighting it out for a spot. We have positions which are more of a priority, for sure. I’m also not convinced he would come here… 

We don't need him? He's a top quality centre back, who excels with his passing. Emery may well view him as a transformative signing.

• Like 1

I don’t get this signing (if it happens). Undoubtedly a good player but we’ve just given Mings a new bumper contract and Torres plays in basically the same position as Mings. 

Is the plan to play Mings, Torres and Konsa with Moreno bombing on?

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, burchy said:

I don’t get this signing (if it happens). Undoubtedly a good player but we’ve just given Mings a new bumper contract and Torres plays in basically the same position as Mings. 

I think plan is to play a lot of games this season and give ourselves options in all of them. So far we've signed Tielemans to give cover/competitions/options for Douglas Luiz and potentially Torres to do the same for Mings. 

They were two front runners for player of the season this year. 

All it tells us so far is that Unai really meant it when he said he wanted two good players for every position. Bodes well in my book for the rest of the squad and our summer plans. 

Edited by villaglint

4 minutes ago, burchy said:

Could he, maybe Torres will do what Stones does for man city and play in midfield when we are in possession 

6 minutes ago, burchy said:

I reckon it's this, yes.  Possibly with Torres on the left if he's a more "ball playing" centre back.

13 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

He's got to be at least slightly better than Preece surely?

Worse imo. Is it me getting old or are the Mail villa writers getting younger and younger. He looks like a baby.

• Like 1

I sincerely hope he's a much better player than Micky van de Ven as it appears he'll cost us more and will probably be paid more. Same as Botman last year, whoever gets him will probably get 300 PL games out of him.

16 minutes ago, burchy said:

So what happens if Mings snaps his Achilles ? We have Hause as back up currently.  Mings, Konsa & Carlos will need to raise their games to get into the team. Mings & co shouldn’t be guaranteed the shirt he must fight & earn it - competition breeds improvement. 

He will transform how we’ll play as he’s a class above Mings in terms of distribution and reading the game.

You bang on about Xavi Simon’s yet we’ve just given McGinn a new contract, we’ve got Ramsey so if following your logic we don't  need Simons as we have players who already play the position Simon’s is best at? 

Edited by thabucks

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

It's a stronger name - biblical, civic, foundational. I trust what a John Townley says, we're on solid ground here. Unlike Ashley Preece - that's got vegetarian, amateur dramatic, whimsical written all over it.  

Stratton Oakmont

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Worse imo. Is it me getting old or are the Mail villa writers getting younger and younger. He looks like a baby.

We're getting older pal. That's all it is.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, burchy said:

You can’t rely on Ty and Ezri to consistently play over 40 games each especially if there’s injuries. We need international, European quality defenders. Plus, we don’t even know if Diego is going to be the same defender. 

Not just that, we need intelligent ball playing defenders to transition playing out from the back. 

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, PaulC said:

They've linked to the wrong pic, that's the entertainment reporter.

This is John Townley. 

340px-Anthony_Eden_(retouched).jpg 

• Haha 2

Â