Youri Tielemans

thejoker

3 hours ago, TRO said:

becoming more and more impressed......when he can stay on the ball and resist a challenge.....he is an artist.

His ability to pass between the lines, is superb and he picks out Ollie, like he did Vardy.

He has attributes, that are really compelling.

I make you right TRO - I felt from the get go there were signs of his qualities, even though he wasn’t playing particularly well.

He is playing himself into being an integral part of what we are hoping to achieve.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

Let's throw out a hypothetical, and I know they aren't like for like but let's do it anyway...

Someone comes in with 100 million offer for Doug - anyone feel more comfortable about him going for that price now Youri is showing potential?

Not really. Youri is a fine replacement on one side of the ball but Luiz's defensive abilities amplify us so much too. If we sold Luiz we'd need to spend a lot of money bringing in midfielders to replace him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tinker said:

We're not competing with the bottom 13 teams in the league, we're competing with the top 5

I’m not saying it’s a bad thing. I’m merely commenting that we’ve got well paid players in our squad and with that, usually comes quality. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

Let's throw out a hypothetical, and I know they aren't like for like but let's do it anyway...

Someone comes in with 100 million offer for Doug - anyone feel more comfortable about him going for that price now Youri is showing potential?

its a loaded question tbh, and Tielemans isnt the same type as player as Dougie i dont think.

IF we could invest that 100m in 2, maybe 3 quality players, that improved the team, then yes.

its a big IF  though, because we had that opportunity with the Grealish money, and i think we mostly failed to use that money well.

I would trust Emery with 100m to really improve the team if it came to it, but still, its taking chances and nothing is ever guaranteed.

Edited by MaVilla

11 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Not enough. He's become our most integral player. Neutral YT videos have mentioned him as in the running for PL player of the season on current form. Zero ambition sale that we should have no interest in entertaining. 

Agreed. Plus, it would hurt to lose Dougie, feel like he's grown up with us. Been through our survival season and everything.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, fruitvilla said:

The one-two with Watkins leading to the winner was sublime.

Just seen it from another angle and he actually drops one of those opposite no look passes in 

Proper Filth I tell thee! 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, ChesterDad said:

I make you right TRO - I felt from the get go there were signs of his qualities, even though he wasn’t playing particularly well.

He is playing himself into being an integral part of what we are hoping to achieve.

Now that we have a sophisticated tactician for a manager, I have to wonder whether players will take a while to settle and learn the system just like we often see at City.

• Like 1

Just been watching his highlights for the season at Anderlecht in 2013/14.. His birthday is end of May so he played the entirety as a 16 year old. Totally ambidextrous.  Left foot 50 yard balls to land on a six pence. He was the Belgian wonderkid . 

20 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Agreed. Plus, it would hurt to lose Dougie, feel like he's grown up with us. Been through our survival season and everything.

It hurt to lose Grealish. 

And yet here we are. 

19 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

It hurt to lose Grealish. 

And yet here we are. 

I know you are not a religious man Mike but I bet you thanked the Lord when a certain mercurial number 8 failed his medical with them lot down the road

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, TRO said:

I really like this boy.

His subtleties are a joy to watch, and I feel he is getting to know the UE way.

I always feel he is going to play someone in.

Spots a through ball, and plays it, normally weighted to perfection. No messing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

You're right. However Dougie's a much more likeable person than Jack.

Jack is one of the most likeable football players out there. He's relatable and kind. Though a bit of a party animal. 

Even though I despise him for leaving, it is rather hard because of his nice actions. 

Edited by MotoMkali

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

Jack is one of the most likeable football players out there. He's relatable and kind. Though a bit of a party animal. 

Even though I despise him for leaving, it is rather hard because of his nice actions. 

Dougie doesn't make out he's the most loyal bloke in the world while secretly wanting a move.

3 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Just been watching his highlights for the season at Anderlecht in 2013/14.. His birthday is end of May so he played the entirety as a 16 year old. Totally ambidextrous.  Left foot 50 yard balls to land on a six pence. He was the Belgian wonderkid . 

Wow what a player he was at 16. He's basically the same player now. I bet those Anderlecht fans thought they were seeing the second coming of Pirlo or something.

• Like 2

Â