Youri Tielemans

thejoker

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Surprise surprise that Leicester fan who come on here in the summer saying he couldn't run anymore when out of possession (having seen him over 50 times over last two years) may just have had a grain of truth behind it.

We need way better from him. Him scoring the winner in a cup final feels more than two years ago really when you look at how he plays now. Not sure what happened given he wasn't seriously injured and still is mid 20s.

Jesus, he plays like a 40 year old, had no idea he was still only 26, probably not even hitting the heights of his career 

• Like 1

Just now, Zero7 said:

Jesus, he plays like a 40 year old, had no idea he was still only 26, probably not even hitting the heights of his career 

I've got 20 years on him and can move quicker! How can a professional athlete not have basic speed? Lol

Just now, Keener window-cleaner said:

I think he is played out of position, he is not suited to the advanced midfield role, he is a playmaker with great vision and passing, should be played as one of the mid two or not played at all.

He would need to be able to run, tackle, head the ball and accurately pass it to his own team mates. At the moment he struggles to do any of those things let alone be able to do all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I think he is played out of position, he is not suited to the advanced midfield role, he is a playmaker with great vision and passing, should be played as one of the mid two or not played at all.

Played as one of the mid two, he doesn’t have the engine to be a factor out of possession and can’t beat his man in possession. 

He won’t work here unless we’re playing a side completely off it. In a midfield of Dendoncker-Tielemans, he somehow looked slower. 

One of the most inept midfield performances I've seen for a long long time.

Weak on the ball, constant bad passing, no aggression. 

An overused phrase is looked like a competition winner... But he really did. Was so far out of his depth he needed an oxygen tank. 

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Absolute useless, its only 7 games or so but I would not be against dumping him in January

Has done nothing since he got here and carried on his Leicester form of last 2 seasons

He was a free transfer so his wages are going to be massive. 

Who's going to take him off us in January this year or next year? 

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

He was a free transfer so his wages are going to be massive. 

Who's going to take him off us in January this year or next year? 

Maybe our famous contacts in Turkey will loan him out for a few seasons😂

I’ve seen some right shite down the Villa over the last 40 years with far less talent than this bloke but what some of them did have was heart and desire, sadly Tielemans doesn’t appear to have either.  

Edited by WHY

Â