Youri Tielemans

thejoker

I was a bit surprised he came here considering we had a solid, settled midfield partnership.
Of course it was a bit of a no brainer for the club picking up a good player on a free transfer to give us strength in depth, but Tielemans hadn't done his homework if he just assumed he was going to get straight into the team.

• Like 3

Don't see a problem myself, he wants to play, so he has to perform better in training, if he doesn't want to or can't make the grade he still has some significant worth, so win,win. if I was him I would do fewer interviews and more training.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

Don't see a problem myself, he wants to play, so he has to perform better in training, if he doesn't want to or can't make the grade he still has some significant worth, so win,win. if I was him I would do fewer interviews and more training.

Yeah it’s a bit of a non story during the shitty international break… he could have responded a bit more intelligently but oh well… 

Thing is, when a manager or player is asked a direct question in a presser of from the media… they have to respond and come up with an answer on the spot. Still… you can keep it short and sweet…

A couple of words can be too focussed on and taken out of context too…

It’s very early days for him…

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Say it quietly... He's just been OK in those games too, he's been alright, he's not banging the door down to start

Even with Kamara not looking his best so far this season, he's done nothing to suggest he should start over him.

• Like 1

Jeez Howcome other teams can have a squad of players who aren’t bitching and moaning and we can’t even go 5 games in the league before someone starts popping off. Clearly the harmony amongst the playing staff isn’t where it needs to be. Gonna be a long season. 

Interesting because he said he joined because of Emery, I sometimes wonder how these meetings go before a player signs, it must have been made clear he won't just jump in ahead of Luiz and Kamara straight away.

Emery hasn't even been our manager for a year yet, he's still getting players to understand his system and what he wants from them. We have Torres, Diaby, Zaniolo and Carlos to get up to speed as well. The one area that does seem to understand what to do is the Kamara and Luiz partnership, there's no way Emery is going to mess with that for a while.

It's up to Youri to show he can play well and be trusted when these European and Cup games role around, once he does that he will get more Premier League minutes.

Edited by AndyM3000

21 minutes ago, Chicken Field said:

…he even says "Whenever I have an opportunity, I want to take it" and "but it's up to me to do my best".- meaning that he is putting pressure on himself to prove his worth. The responses on here are actual insanity.

Would people rather he said that he was loving life on the bench?

Exactly - "Whenever I have an opportunity, I want to take it" - “to throw my entire team under the bus”. 

“but it's up to me to do my best" - “to make this team play as badly as possible”. 

Us Villa fans are on to him. We know his game. We aren’t fools. 

• Haha 2

I have no issue with it, a non story for me. 

If he says he's happy on the bench he fits the narrative of lazy and disinterested.

He says he's not and is moody and a primadonna.

Sod the press spin, let's give him, and let him give us, a chance. 

• Like 1

I wasn’t really surprised to read this as it had occurred to me he can’t be happy having joined and just warming the bench. As he says himself when he gets the chance he needs to grab it. If he doesn’t and subsequently doesn’t start and he’s unhappy about that then he can move on for a tasty profit.

Incidentally he needs to start showing that he’s as good as he thinks he is when he plays. Leicester fans certainly didn’t seem to particularly rate him. 

2 hours ago, Tayls said:

Jeez Howcome other teams can have a squad of players who aren’t bitching and moaning and we can’t even go 5 games in the league before someone starts popping off. Clearly the harmony amongst the playing staff isn’t where it needs to be. Gonna be a long season. 

On this, it’s a lot easier if you are a ‘top’ club as players are more willing to fight for their spot for the glory of playing for that team and I assume don’t mind warming the bench for such a team. When a player is at a ‘smaller’ club like Aston Villa I don’t think there’s much to be gained from bench warming and the expectation of quality players is to start. 

7 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

There is always a risk, when trying to build a " quality squad " as a team at our level.

" Higher profile " players will feel they should be starting and have the right to moan.

The top clubs can bring in the higher quality young prospects who are just as good, but will be patient.

Senior players used to being first teamers are a bit more of a pain.

I'm sure the likes of Dendonker have a good moan to themselves as well.

Having said that, let's note that reading things in black and white, can often make things look worse than they are, and that's by design.

Worst case, we got him on a free and can turn a profit. lol

IMO, currently, Kamara ain't totally Un droppable though.

Realised you basically already made the point I was trying to make lol. 

• Like 1

Assuming the chat was similar to FM

Youri: ”I really think you should be starting me in the next game”

Unai: ”I will think about it”

Youri: ”I can’t believe you have treated me with such disrespect. I want to leave the club and I am handing in a transfer request”

Unai: [ends chat]

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â