Youri Tielemans

thejoker

50 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I'm happy about this signing ... but a question for those more familiar with Leicester. What do you think, tactically, our squad -- with our gaffer -- will offer him that he wouldn't have found at Leicester? Not a rhetorical question. Genuinely interested in what Tielemans might discover in himself and what we might be able to unlock at Villa in 2023 that simply would not have been on offer at Leicester last year.

That’s a bit like asking what someone would discover in a steak dinner rather than eating a dogshit sandwich.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I've seen salary sites say he was on 120k, 100k, and 35k There's no way he was on 35k so he'll be on +100k

Think we can assume anyone we sign this summer will be on similar.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Leicester fans are rattled here’s a post on their forum 

Love this. Who the fck do they think they are? 

I'm swimming against the current with the bitterness on here against Youri. But imo Villa have fluked getting a potentially top class player who's way beyond their level. This is what Villa always do.

Always have. Steve Staunton or Julian Joachim or Lloyd McGrath or Peter Schmeichel or now Buendia and Youri. They wait like vultures for players who make their name elsewhere and opportunistically pick them up. Rancid club. 

This Lloyd McGrath? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lloyd_McGrath 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, marklcfc said:

Tielemans can't run, his legs have gone. You have to see it to believe it.

I get that you're disgruntled as a Leicester fan, for multiple obvious reasons, but I reckon most of us would prefer to choose to trust Unai Emery over you.

Only time will tell if you're right mate.

Didn't like seeing you lot get relegated 

Good luck for the upcoming season and hopefully you get sorted.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, marklcfc said:

Why didn't they then? He's been available for two years, no one paid anything for him because it's too big a risk as he is absolutely spent.

Enjoy signing Tom Cairney as your star replacement in the championship 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, tinker said:

Not really, he's hit the nail on the head from their perspective. They have achieved the impossible dream and then plummeted to the lowest point within such a short timeline.The tragic ending with their owner being the start of the demise. I feel for them as a football fan, for someone to win someone has to lose.........

Completely separate issues and nothing to do with Villa. 

I share your sympathy for them as a club but that guys post was simply an attack on our club and a very weak one at that.  I mean,  the lad had to go somewhere right?

5 minutes ago, troon_villan said:

Completely separate issues and nothing to do with Villa. 

I share your sympathy for them as a club but that guys post was simply an attack on our club and a very weak one at that.  I mean,  the lad had to go somewhere right?

The equivalent of a Villa fan saying Idrissa Gueye was a shit player because he got relegated with a shit Villa team.

Then within 2.5 seasons he was playing for PSG.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I get that you're disgruntled as a Leicester fan, for multiple obvious reasons, but I reckon most of us would prefer to choose to trust Unai Emery over you.

Only time will tell if you're right mate.

Didn't like seeing you lot get relegated 

Good luck for the upcoming season and hopefully you get sorted.

Classy. But I don't want them to do well - they were quite belittling about Villa when we dropped and they enjoyed it. How the tables have turned....football has a funny way of biting you on the arse. 😆

• Like 2

Â