How high can we finish next season

Vive_La_Villa

2 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

We NEED to win the FA Cup. It’s been too long. Yes finishing as high up in the league is important but our club needs trophies. Top 8 and a cup double (FA Cup and Conference League) will be fantastic. 

Top 8 and two cup wins!? Wow! We should set the bar high I suppose 

Depends on a multitude of details that are yet to be decided before KO for next season comes our way. 

I'd like to say and believe the sky is the limit, however I think anything in the top half is basically a sure sign of stepping in the right direction.

How high could we have finished this season just been, had we appointed Unai earlier on? That question should tell you where I'm seeing us next season.

Truth be told though it's a new season with new challenges and I'd take a top half finish with the way we play really showing signs of getting to a level we can expect to be competing in European competitions with each and every season for the foreseeable future.

We "could" finish in any position, as could any of the 20 clubs.

If you mean realistically, then I see no reason why we couldn't try and grab a Europa spot.

The worry is that Chelsea and Spurs will likely be better, next season so I'm gonna say could realistically finish 6th, but I'll go for 7th and a couple of cup runs.

On 08/06/2023 at 15:19, IrishVilla10 said:

Top 6 and a cup would be an incredible season 

We have three opportunities in cups next season so we should be capable of having a good run in at least one of them.

Bailey and Buendia shouldn't be starting as many games as they have this season in premier league but unless we get ridiculous offers it's important to keep them around as they can certainly contribute in league and Europa conference. Dendoncker aswell but I have a feeling he could be moved on late on in the window.

I’d be ecstatic with 6th and hopefully Europa League qualification.

Chelsea will most likely be miles better next season and Spurs could be too. It’s possible Villa could perform at a very high level next season and still ”only” finish 9th or 10th. The Prem is a difficult place these days.

• 2 weeks later...

I wasn’t sure where to put this but, are the current midlands teams are the biggest? When was the last season only those three were up? (Villa, Dingles and Forest). I’d say Leicester, Derby and Tesco bags are almost the same level (Leicester with their recent success). Ofcourse Villa are miles ahead, but are Wolves and Forest better than the rest? Or taking only titles is misleading the judgement? Came to my mind while reading some of the word removed fans laughing at the conference league. I think they can only say they’re bigger than Stoke.

2nd , we could finish 2nd. Chelsea are going to be better but who knows how much better. 

Spurs, can't see them being any better, why would they be? Newcastle, we have their number, Manure and Liverpool are both beatable and so are Arsenal. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/06/2023 at 01:34, VillaParkAvenue said:

I’d be ecstatic with 6th and hopefully Europa League qualification.

Chelsea will most likely be miles better next season and Spurs could be too. It’s possible Villa could perform at a very high level next season and still ”only” finish 9th or 10th. The Prem is a difficult place these days.

I'd snap your arm off for 6th but that's gonna be very, very tough. 

7th, 8th and a trophy would be the "realistic" dream season.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kingman said:

And now you're gonna believe us... We're gonna win the league :flag:

Remember the days when you actually COULD have a good season and challenge for the title? They are of course long gone now with the oil state ownerships but it used to be a real thing that you could have a banging season and go for the title. (81, 90 and 93 for example.)

Edited by GlobalVillan

3 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Remember the days when you actually COULD have a good season and challenge for the title? They are of course long gone now with the oil state ownerships but it used to be a real thing that you could have a banging season and go for the title. (81, 90 and 93 for example.)

I can still remember singing that on the Holte End Steps as if it were yesterday 

On 22/06/2023 at 17:57, abdulaziz1 said:

I wasn’t sure where to put this but, are the current midlands teams are the biggest? When was the last season only those three were up? (Villa, Dingles and Forest). I’d say Leicester, Derby and Tesco bags are almost the same level (Leicester with their recent success). Ofcourse Villa are miles ahead, but are Wolves and Forest better than the rest? Or taking only titles is misleading the judgement? Came to my mind while reading some of the word removed fans laughing at the conference league. I think they can only say they’re bigger than Stoke.

Hold on a minute viler, the signing of Tyler Roberts and Longlego puts Blues in the argument

mate

1 hour ago, Kingman said:

I can still remember singing that on the Holte End Steps as if it were yesterday 

Win the league win the league win the league