Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

7 hours ago, Wurzel said:

If anybody has any doubt about winning things, watch this. 

What a guy.  Crying with pride.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Withnail said:

Remember back to the beginning of the year. We were just hammered by Newcastle. The Sky team interviewing Sir Alex with him saying how impressed he was by the performance. Those wallies nodding cause they assumed he was taking about Newcastle. But nah he could see what Unai was all about. God I am loving this 

I dont know, his comments were that we played well and it wasnt a 5-1 game and it wasnt

Some infamous posters on here had actually written the league off after that game. 😂

• Like 1

On 28/05/2023 at 19:43, lexicon said:

Newcastle won't be in the top 4 next season

aILha1.gif *

*may not be guaranteed

image.png.50d1be274d0f6803ff1d80974a59cf32.png

• Thanks 1

We have such a good spine, I think major shout needs to go out to Martinez, Konsa, McGinn, Luiz and Watkins. They've been pretty much ever present throughout the whole season. Sprinkle with the likes of Pau, Youri, Kamara, Bailey, Moussa, Digne we have such a great team. 

They all played their part, Olsen, Cash, Carlos, Moreno, Ramsey, Morgan, Chambers, Tim, Duran.

Now imagine that and add some real quality for next year... dribbling just thinking about it. Mings and Buendia to come in too Sheeesh

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Some infamous posters on here had actually written the league off after that game. 😂

I pretty much had tbh, not in a throwing my toys out the pram kind of way, and not just because we'd lost 5-1, but because we'd in a matter of days lost Mings and Buendia for the season.

At the time I think I'd have been chuffed with a decent run in the conference league, and 7th so we could have another go next year. What we've achieved is absolutely remarkable and I didn't think we had it in us.

I bet the the Newcastle post match thread makes for some interesting reading 36 games on though, we had people calling the team a cowardly bunch of words removed, wanting subs, wanting half of them sold, before half time in our first match :D 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, useless said:

Fair play me and Sir Alex Ferguson for not losing faith after Newcastle game

And people laughed at Sir Alex at the time. Look forward to re-reading all the idiotic hot takes about league predictions from pundits. 

7 hours ago, Wurzel said:

If anybody has any doubt about winning things, watch this. 

Brilliant, Unai is usually very calm but look how delighted and happy he is, incredible manager and a class act too.

I didn't think we would finish top four, in fact I thought we would be doing well to match last season's finish but still possible, and I couldn't see Newcastle getting top four again

Must feel pretty wild for McGinn, Ramsey and Mings to have gone from the Championship to the Champions league in such a short time. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lochheads twin said:

Some of the stuff from Paddy Power is hilarious 

Let’s enjoy the moment

it will get serious again in the autumn.

UTV!

they do have some top level meme generator persons.......whatever their official job name is.....

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Mind the gap

They are still all banging on about how we are getting away with breaching FFP and that we have cheated to get into the top 4.

Wtf are they talking about???

When did this happen?

We haven't cheated FFP as far as Im aware. Seriously, what are they on about?

We are in the CL on merit amd after a LOT of bad luck.

Edited by GlobalVillan

Love the recriminations and reprisals that occur to a handful of folks within 24 hours of enormous success - we've got our foot in the door, there's an awful long way to go from here and as Unai would say, a lot of work.

15 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I pretty much had tbh, not in a throwing my toys out the pram kind of way, and not just because we'd lost 5-1, but because we'd in a matter of days lost Mings and Buendia for the season.

At the time I think I'd have been chuffed with a decent run in the conference league, and 7th so we could have another go next year. What we've achieved is absolutely remarkable and I didn't think we had it in us.

I bet the the Newcastle post match thread makes for some interesting reading 36 games on though, we had people calling the team a cowardly bunch of words removed, wanting subs, wanting half of them sold, before half time in our first match :D 

I wasnt counting yourself in that group 😝

10 hours ago, richp999 said:

Real and Barca might pose us a problem, avoid them and its ours 🤩

I can't remember we have lost to Barca, so let us just avoid Real