Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

54 minutes ago, turvontour said:

What was the last non Villa game that mattered so much?

Maybe one of the other relegation games the day we drew at West Ham. Was it Bournemouth at Arsenal?

Last week against Liverpool, before that midweek against Chelsea. Every Spurs loss/draw mattered to build up for this game.

For me I couldn’t care who wins the league until we secure CL. Draw is good tonight but I’d much prefer City to be up with as much goals. Then could wish Arsenal to win it last week. But for now I really couldn’t care wether City win it for the 10th time or 100 times. 

• Like 3

I think Tottenham have all eyes on Sheffield United. They didn't get European football at all last season and know that at least a point tonight gives them Europa League, a loss and they have to get at least a point against Sheffield United to guarantee that with Newcastle on better goal difference and on a great run. And I think their fans would rather the lower standard of opposition and a better chance of a trophy in that competition than the champions league. The revenue they make with the stadium means that it's not as crucial to get CL than it is for, say, us or a Newcastle. They'll definitely have to strengthen and then you ask how much the management and squad are going to be used to league and european football. Our strength this season was in having such an experienced manager in just that, and we'll be even better suited for champions league next season PLUS league thanks to this season.

Crucial injuries through the season, european run to a semi final, and champions league qualification. If the Don Unai doesn't get manager of the year it will be criminal.

• Like 1

I think the prefect truly tonight is a draw. We are confirmed as in the top 4 and the league title goes to the last game of the season with Arsenal in the driving seat. 

To be honest I don’t care as long as Spurs don’t win! I’d like the pressure off by the time we go to Palace at the weekend! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

I think the prefect truly tonight is a draw. We are confirmed as in the top 4 and the league title goes to the last game of the season with Arsenal in the driving seat. 

To be honest I don’t care as long as Spurs don’t win! I’d like the pressure off by the time we go to Palace at the weekend! 

I might be in the minority but I sure af hope City win the league. Couldn’t stand all the lyrical waxing over the Gunners against all odds and seeing Wrighty’s smug face. 
let City keep winning it so we’re all in the same boat trying to snatch it off them. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

I might be in the minority but I sure af hope City win the league. Couldn’t stand all the lyrical waxing over the Gunners against all odds and seeing Wrighty’s smug face. 
let City keep winning it so we’re all in the same boat trying to snatch it off them. 

This. The blatant lying about Arsenal not having the resources of a City or Yanited after Arteta spunking £400m plus will be hypocrisy at it's worst.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Imagine if that Diaby shot at the end went in? Soooo close to a storybook ending there.

Imagine if Diaby just slid the ball 10metres to his right for a Duran tap in and 7 minute hat trick……Dreams.

Is what it is and still unbelievable game, great character and crowd was off the charts immense. 

1 hour ago, John said:

99.9999% a sure thing already.

Please don't do that. 

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

I think Tottenham have all eyes on Sheffield United. They didn't get European football at all last season and know that at least a point tonight gives them Europa League, a loss and they have to get at least a point against Sheffield United to guarantee that with Newcastle on better goal difference and on a great run. And I think their fans would rather the lower standard of opposition and a better chance of a trophy in that competition than the champions league. The revenue they make with the stadium means that it's not as crucial to get CL than it is for, say, us or a Newcastle. They'll definitely have to strengthen and then you ask how much the management and squad are going to be used to league and european football. Our strength this season was in having such an experienced manager in just that, and we'll be even better suited for champions league next season PLUS league thanks to this season.

Crucial injuries through the season, european run to a semi final, and champions league qualification. If the Don Unai doesn't get manager of the year it will be criminal.

Like when the hottest girl you ever dated leaves you for another dude, and you say "I am way more comfortable with a less pretty bird, it's just a lot easier".

Spurs want CL, they are just coping right now.

Edited by ChicagoVillan1983

45 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

Imagine if Diaby just slid the ball 10metres to his right for a Duran tap in and 7 minute hat trick……Dreams.

Is what it is and still unbelievable game, great character and crowd was off the charts immense. 

Indeed, crowd was absolutely immense last night.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

Just leave this here to remind us just how farking lucky we are 

We could have scored about 8 goals by this point tbf. We deserved that slice of luck.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Pupping the likes of Tottenham and Chelsea to 4th and Champions League... Is at least one small way to balance out a disparity.

They dwarf us in terms of income and " London " so them also having Champions League just makes everything more difficult, even when it comes to attracting players etc  ( And income of course )

Momentum will be with us this summer, if we qualify and players who may have seen joing one of those over us as a " no brainer " will probably have a much harder choice.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

Would love a draw. Makes the title race exciting while brutally destroying Spurs fans and giving us CL.

There is no such thing as an exciting title race that doesn't involve Aston Villa. **** the title race. Its a a total sham. 

Just want Villa in thr top 4.

The rest of it is totally and utterly irrelevant.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2