Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

I get we are all nervous but we have given ourselves scope now to achieve this in several ways rather than the chase last year where we had to win every week to get Conference

Spurs - 2 wins and 1 draw - Villa need 1 point

Spurs - 3 Wins - Villa need 3 points (1 Win)

Any other combo for Spurs and we are in the Champions league with 2 defeats

It might be the hot weather and a barrel load of talking from the heart but I wouldnt rule out a Burnely side playing for their lives and on the back of recent draws at United, Chelsea (With 10 men) and at home to Wolves/Brighton on taking a point tomorrow

Posted (edited)

All is not right at Spurs. As soon as managers that are stubborn in their approach talk about needing new players I think it means they are out of their depth. Kind of reminds me of someone. 

Spurs already have a very good squad of players.  I reckon Ange will be gone at some point next season. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, cb_82 said:

I get we are all nervous but we have given ourselves scope now to achieve this in several ways rather than the chase last year where we had to win every week to get Conference

It might be the hot weather and a barrel load of talking from the heart but I wouldnt rule out a Burnely side playing for their lives and on the back of recent draws at United, Chelsea (With 10 men) and at home to Wolves/Brighton on taking a point tomorrow

When Burnley get the point we can all shift to hyperventilating over the inevitable capitulation of Cheaty 115.  😉

25 minutes ago, cb_82 said:

we're lucky that spurs' next 2 opponents have something to fight for. burnley need to throw everything at that game and teams fighting relegation do spring surprises at this stage of the season

then you have city who HAVE to win

i'd probably take a 1-0 win for spurs and a 1-0 defeat for us this weekend if you offered it to me now. it would mean spurs have to beat city (or bank on there being a 7 goal swing on the last day)

2 hours ago, wishywashy said:

The funniest possible outcome will be Spurs losing to Burnley then beating Man City

Lose against Burnley and we don't give a shit about the City game, it's all over.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ben1505 said:

Hope so.. any loss for them kills it off

Yeah it does doesn't it...I don't think I'd realised they only need to lose against City and it's game over for them.

10 hours ago, ben1505 said:

We won the Championship playoff trophy in recent years, so younger fans have seen us lift something.

That really doesn’t count 

1 hour ago, cb_82 said:

2 wins and 1 draw - Villa might need one point.

To put into context, the chances of all sequences occurring (two Villa losses, two wins and at least a draw for Tottenham) are at 16:1 so if you’re a doomsdayer, at least get yourself a nice holiday out of it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

To put into context, the chances of all sequences occurring (two Villa losses, two wins and at least a draw for Tottenham) are at 16:1 so if you’re a doomsdayer, at least get yourself a nice holiday out of it. 

Spurs 11-1 on skybet for Top 4 - £20 componsation bet lol

I don't think Spurs will catch us but I'll put a few dollars on because I think the odds are inflated. It's basically a 2 horse race and we're hot favourites but anything over 10-1 is ridiculous

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I don't think Spurs will catch us but I'll put a few dollars on because I think the odds are inflated. It's basically a 2 horse race and we're hot favourites but anything over 10-1 is ridiculous

It’s really not. Parlay all the independent outcomes and it’s at minimum 10-1. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Leeroy said:

I’m also just going to accept we will finish 5th and pay little attention to the last 2 games. As everyone keeps telling me we’re too knackered to produce anything now until we’ve had a summer break so if that’s the case I don’t expect we’ll turn up for either of our last 2 games.

We won’t finish 5th

4th will be guaranteed by this time next week. And we’ll beat palace anyway

• Like 4

Gabby is right, there's a noticeable degree of Villa-bashing going on right now, and a noticeable glee at our dip in form and results. You'd think people would be wishing us well in our effort to crack the Sky stranglehold. 

There can only be one explanation: Jealousy.

16 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

Lets finish this at VP on Monday night. Hopefully we will get a few players back to help us.

Mings and Buendia. The crowd would go bananas and Liverpool would lose the match before the opening whistle.

4 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Gabby is right, there's a noticeable degree of Villa-bashing going on right now, and a noticeable glee at our dip in form and results. You'd think people would be wishing us well in our effort to crack the Sky stranglehold. 

There can only be one explanation: Jealousy.

Spot on mate, exactly what it is

• Like 1