Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

3 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Spurs getting top 4 actually dropped from 16/1 to 14/1 tonight

Oh no is Haaland injured or something.

Just now, Leeroy said:

We’ll only get 4th if spurs fail to beat Man City, that’s our only hope. We look like a relegation side at the moment, it’s a disgrace.

Either the players pull themselves together, show some fight and desire and energy, and get a result in the next 2 games, or they risk throwing the whole season away. It’s really up to them

I’m disgusted with them for their performance over the 2 legs of that European semi. Really disgusted.

Bit dramatic.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Why's that I wonder. What are the bookies factoring in?

Usually people putting money down is what drops the odds 

7 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Why's that I wonder. What are the bookies factoring in?

people betting, from here on in thats how the odds work, not the bookies

One thing I do know is that I don't want to hear the word "tired" next season. Either play some of the youth players or stop using excuses. We're an elite Premier League club. We've been unlucky with injuries but so what? Many clubs are.

Either the players are fit and ready or play ones who are. I'm sick to death of that excuse.

• Like 1

Even if this has been a wonderful season as a whole, this miserable ending form is putting a damper on it for me. Last season was more enjoyable.

And no, we won't get any more points, but we'll make CL since Spurs will only get six points more.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

**** me, if football is that joyless just step away

I assumed it was said in jest?

6 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

I assumed it was said in jest?

its hard to tell on this thread anymore

there is a point there, a cup should be worth more than 4th place but at the same time we all know thats not what football is right now, us getting 4th is bigger than the ECL, the LC and a long hard argument over the FA cup too, it is **** massive, its a sad indictment of what the PL is and we wont do anything other than take part but that is still what football is

If 67 points is enough, we finish 4th. If it isn't, we finish 5th. 

We're done for the season IMO, this team doesn't look remotely like getting anything off Liverpool or Palace. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, NurembergVillan said:

Anyone dismissing the notion of tiredness being an issue needs to consider two things.

1) The mental preparation for each game based on the level of analysis Emery and his team drive into the players.

2) The physical fatigue. Spurs have played 38 games so far this season, with 3 to go. Moussa Diaby alone has made 51 appearances. That's a HUGE disparity.

Yeah it's quite clearly a massive factor

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

One thing I do know is that I don't want to hear the word "tired" next season. Either play some of the youth players or stop using excuses. We're an elite Premier League club. We've been unlucky with injuries but so what? Many clubs are.

Either the players are fit and ready or play ones who are. I'm sick to death of that excuse.

It’s not an excuse, it’s a fact. We have what? 8 first team players out? 

Just now, villa4europe said:

we look like a team who have played 53 games and have a lot of injuries 

No kids in the starting 11 tonight unlike Newcastle who played 17 year old miley when no fit players or Liverpool who played 4 kids in a carabao cup final (and won)

We have injuries but that’s affecting depth, we were already 1-0 down after 10 minutes in this tie because our so called first team players can’t do the basics. Tiredness is an easy excuse, only 2 weeks ago they weren’t tired when they beat Arsenal or Bournemouth either side of European games. Funny how they’re suddenly all tired now.

Maybe 3-4 of them need replacing in the team next season. Konsa could be one of them given how he’s played the last couple of months. 

1 minute ago, Stratvillan said:

I genuinely don't know if this is a genuine post or not. If it is, you really should watch the team we got relegated with. 

Or Bruce's Villa against Smith's Brentford...

• Like 1